PDA

View Full Version : Car Pro Iron X Questions

SATracker
11-26-2011, 11:13 PM
1) How many guys use this step in washing a car (wash, clay, Iron X - iron removal type product, wax)?
2) Does ONR provide enough water to remove the Iron X product or do you need to hose it off?

Thanks-

IOMCAMARO
11-26-2011, 11:16 PM
With the smell of Iron X I would definitely hose it off. I only use Iron X when I'm going to apply a coating or if it is a white car with a lot of industrial fallout. Otherwise I usually just use my normal clay.

embolism
11-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I only do it as part of my winter prep.

Definitely needs to be hosed off since it gets into crevices and will continue to bleed if not flushed out fully.

richy
11-27-2011, 01:10 AM
It needs to be rinsed off thoroughly. It works best on a dry surface. Spray your wheels first and rinse them off and then do likewise where you need to on your car, followed by a full wash.

toycar18
11-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Rinse with hose. Also use Iron X before claying. It will make your claying go quicker!

CEE DOG
11-27-2011, 02:59 PM
To answer your question it depends on the condition of the vehicle. For istance I don't use Iron X every time I wash my car. I do usually use it as part of my procedure before correction or polishing.

ONR? No, I wouldn't do that. You really want a rinse that is going to get water into any crevices the IronX could have gotten into.

Heres my application method. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/42651-review-carpro-iron-x.html

If you skip past the majority of the review to just below the last picture in the first post you will see it. I also posted a great FAQ from CarPro in the second post.

SeaJay's
11-27-2011, 04:08 PM
If a vehicle that I'm working on is covered in a lot of industrial fall out I'll use Iron-x and then clay. But if it's a maintenance wash I won't use it at all.

Do use as a wheel cleaner for heavily soiled wheels. Works great. The smell is pretty bad, but you get use to it.

rakkvet
11-27-2011, 06:13 PM
Yeah, the smell is awful. I think on the bottle it says, Squash Flower Smell.

Iron X will bleed for awhile if it isn't rinsed thoroughly. If you feel a lot of iron filings or atmospheric fallout on a car I'd recommend it. I don't see a need to put it in the regular rotation like a clay bar.

Pats300zx
11-27-2011, 06:29 PM
Just used it today. The smell was awful but it sure got the job done.

shoeless89
11-28-2011, 11:41 AM
For me, it's kind of like my spring/winter prep. I'll use it in the spring to get my car ready for new coats of wax/sealants. It will also make claying go by much faster and save your clay!