PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning Wheels

Pages : [1] 2

shrtbull
11-26-2011, 05:50 PM
When you guys are cleaning a car with ONR or Dp Rinseless Wash, How do you clean the wheels? Do you use the rinseless wash with a brush or towel?

Gary

toycar18
11-26-2011, 05:53 PM
I just spray with ONR and wipe with a dedicated wheel MF towel.

ScottB
11-26-2011, 08:27 PM
you can transfer some to a spray bottle and use like a rinseless wash product.

shrtbull
11-27-2011, 12:27 AM
I just spray with ONR and wipe with a dedicated wheel MF towel.

Thanks

you can transfer some to a spray bottle and use like a rinseless wash product.

Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks Gary

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 12:29 AM
I pretty much just use whats left after the ONR wash, and wipe down the wheels/tires with ONR and a black microfiber.

armorrig
11-27-2011, 03:58 AM
man I hate cleaning my wheels. takes me at least an hour to do all four without feeling rushed, either using ONR or Opticlean(might be less time with waterless).

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 04:30 AM
man I hate cleaning my wheels. takes me at least an hour to do all four without feeling rushed, either using ONR or Opticlean(might be less time with waterless).

Are your wheels protected with anything? That seems like a long time to clean some wheels. With 845 on mine the ONR and microfiber literally just melt the grime away.

armorrig
11-27-2011, 04:43 AM
Are your wheels protected with anything? That seems like a long time to clean some wheels. With 845 on mine the ONR and microfiber literally just melt the grime away.

wheels are clearcoated and protected with OCW. It's the design that's taking me so long to wipe/dry everything off.

not really happy going through each spoke.

tw33k2514
11-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Nice looking wheel, but I see why it takes you so long now. My wheels are mostly flat surfaces.

Bunky
11-27-2011, 11:29 AM
ONR if fairly clean but sometimes use Optimum Power Clean and rinse using the residue ONR.

weavers
11-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Wash the car using ONR. with the left over water I use the daytona speed brush and a fender brush to clean the wheels. I have opti coat on my wheels, and other cars I use wax. Its very easy to clean wheels that are waxed. Multi spoke wheels take a while, but thats what the Daytona speed brush is for. Later on I dry with a dedicated mf towel.

tires require apc and a stiff brush, then a wipe down with a terry cloth towel, then tire gel.

If its a car I have never cared for with baked on brake dust then spray with purple power 1:1 and scrub. These are such a pain, but look worlds better and its enjoyable to get such great results.

budinsc
11-27-2011, 07:32 PM
ck out brown royal at flash. love it but still have to agitate to get perfectly clean.

budinsc

shrtbull
11-27-2011, 08:14 PM
ck out brown royal at flash. love it but still have to agitate to get perfectly clean.

budinsc

Whats this?? Brown Royal at Flash??

A-train
11-27-2011, 09:36 PM
its a tire and wheel cleaner, go to youtube and type in "brown royal" theres mad videos.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

weavers
11-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Wheels tend to take me a good 15mins to do all four, then another 3mins or so to apply tire dressing. After cleaning tires with apc/brust I wipe it down with a terry cloth and that leaves my terry cloth towel looking brown and leaves the tire slightly damp so i give it a min to dry.

Anyways i think the easiest way to clean wheels is to use a strong cleaner like sonax full effect, megs wheel brightner 1:1 or Brown Royal Wheel Cleaner. Spray liberally. let it set and then use a power washer. In youtube videos that seems to least labor intensive measure. I don't like spending that kind of money on every wash, thats like 50 cents or a dollar just in cleaning the wheels. not to mention the time involved in setting up a pressure washer. Also you would need to rewax the wheels cause that stuff strips it.

use a rinseless wash like ONR, its very safe and life made easy. A lot of wheel cleaners are very acid or very alkaline which is just as dangerous. Ones that are PH neutral, 7, are then costly