PDA

View Full Version : LSP's w/ Cquartz or OptiCoat?

Pages : [1] 2

Black Car
11-26-2011, 04:49 PM
I know that you don't need to use lsp's after you apply Cquartz or Opticoat but does anyone here do it?

Does it look any different?

How long do they stay on and which ones look the best?

Thanks

oldmodman
11-26-2011, 04:50 PM
The only thing I have used on top of Cquartz is Reload.

richy
11-27-2011, 01:23 AM
I know that you don't need to use lsp's after you apply Cquartz or Opticoat but does anyone here do it?

Does it look any different?

How long do they stay on and which ones look the best?

Thanks

I have 2 layers of CQ on my Lincoln and 4 on my motorcycle:
It looks awesome as you can see by the bike pics.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/43172-detailed-suzi-layering-cquartz.html

Black Car
11-27-2011, 01:30 AM
It looks great richy. I just like to use different waxes to change the look up once in a while. Wondering if they will stick or not and if so which ones...and basically I dont want a whole shelf full of waxes to collect dust.

richy
11-27-2011, 01:44 AM
It looks great richy. I just like to use different waxes to change the look up once in a while. Wondering if they will stick or not and if so which ones...and basically I dont want a whole shelf full of waxes to collect dust.

Mine are, LOL. The other very important thing to bear in mind is that by putting any other wax on the surface, you are losing the lotus effect that the surface has and is now only as good as the wax at repelling water, dirt and dust. If the look it gives is more important, than you can put wax over CQ. I tried IW845 last winter on the front fascia of my Lincoln as a matter of fact. For that area, I did not notice a difference in look.

zas
12-02-2011, 02:58 PM

Cquartz....
ive used Cquartz on almost 10cars and i just love the product, ive tried different wax's but IMO Dodo supernatural Hybird is the best till date however wax is a pain due to tempature as it hits around 54-55degree in my country, reload by it self is another great product, used reload on a lambo SV matt white 2months ago and its just WOW..
will post some videos and pics soon...

Ofcourse u cant have the looks of wax, use 200ml of reload insted of 150ml as metioned by carpro and ull be suprised.

hope this helps, if u still want to try wax on ur Cquartz plz try Dodo juice Hybird..

:nomore:

zas
12-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Dear ALL,

ive tried Cquartz along various wax, the best is Dodo juice Super natural Hybird, followed by Reload
thanks to Mr. yai of Wac Thailand i learnt this from him.
IMO Reload is just enough, weather condition in part of the country is around 55Degree..

Beechkid
12-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I did that for many years (about 10 IIRR) until I tried the re-formulated Satin Creme......absolutely the best ($ for $) IMHO, it is made by BAF & distributed through Pro Car Care products. It is very easy to work with either by hand, orbital or buffer. It has the same acrylic hardener as the high dollar paint sealants but it has 30% German imported carnauba....no, your arm will not fall off putting it on or taking it off & it has a very mild polish in it as well. Even parking the vehicle outside, the MFG gives a 6 months warranty before another application is required. I use this personally on my toys & daily drivers (which include a 1997 black Cougar sport) and all I can tell you are not even bugs like to stick to the paint- most of the time when water is applied they just float off- bird poop is just as easy. No smeary look either- very clean clear deep look. On my toys, I give them a fresh coat about every 2 years (literally, even for a show), my daily drivers (I have one that sits outside), I apply to the entire vehicle every 6 months, and do the hood, roof and trunk every 3 months (probably overkill, but I know it is well protected from the elements including industrial fallout)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Picture_0301.jpg
[COLOR=black][FONT=Times New Roman]
On the nose & front of the Mark LT, it looks a little off...that is because it is covered with ClearBra...so don't let that fool you (so to speak)

[img]http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Cougar_2009_006.jpg
We have owned this one since it was new, is a daily driver & is oem paint.

bigez
02-04-2012, 05:49 PM
What about OCW over opti-coat? Or maybe something like Permanon or Aquawax. I'm not really sure what would be best.

CEE DOG
02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
I love using reload over CQ, OC, or by itself. OCW is great over OC as well.

Reload is my favorite option over either coating though because you maintain the lotus effect that Richy mentioned.

You can put any of the waxes over a coating if you like but like Richy mentioned dust and pollen will stick a lot worse than over a coating or the inorganic Reload sealant.

timaishu
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
What is the lotus effect? confused.jpg

Porsche Pilot
02-04-2012, 07:00 PM
I'm with Corey...Reload FTW as a stand alone sealant or over CQuartz.

Old Tiger
02-04-2012, 07:22 PM
Mine are, LOL. The other very important thing to bear in mind is that by putting any other wax on the surface, you are losing the lotus effect that the surface has and is now only as good as the wax at repelling water, dirt and dust. If the look it gives is more important, than you can put wax over CQ. I tried IW845 last winter on the front fascia of my Lincoln as a matter of fact. For that area, I did not notice a difference in look.
100% agree, I never use a wax or sealant anymore. I use Permanon or ReLoad as a booster.

Old Tiger
02-04-2012, 07:28 PM
I love using reload over CQ, OC, or by itself. OCW is great over OC as well.

Reload is my favorite option over either coating though because you maintain the lotus effect that Richy mentioned.

You can put any of the waxes over a coating if you like but like Richy mentioned dust and pollen will stick a lot worse than over a coating or the inorganic Reload sealant.
Gotta agree with my boy!

CEE DOG
02-04-2012, 09:50 PM
What is the lotus effect? confused.jpg

Heres a link for you.

Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/####/Lotus_effect)

Most important to me is the fact pollen and dirt blow off the car more with an inorganic sealant (Reload) or coating - CQ or OC than they do with a wax or even a traditional polymer sealant.

Blow off more dust and rinse off more dirt with less effort. My wash mitt is noticeably less dirty when I wash a car where I have Reload or either coating previously applied.

Gotta agree with my boy!

Thanks Dad! You are the also the father of true coating loyalty!! Nobody has jumped with both feet faster than you :gidiup: