PDA

View Full Version : Which pads, waxes, cleaners Etc, should i buy???????

Pages : [1] 2

Derek Short
11-26-2011, 01:45 PM
Well just made a decision on which DA polisher to buy and after a lot of re-search and thanks to a lot of you on here who have help me and answer my questions Ive decided to go with the GG6.

Now i am at the point of which pads, waxes, cleaners, etc... I need to get for it.

Im sure everyone will have their own personal preference on which ones they liek and which ones to buy. As of right now i haven't really settled on anything and haven't done much re-search on the matter just yet. I am mostly looking for your guys help and input.

Thanks again in advance for the help!

toycar18
11-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Just don't use the Griots Pad.

Personally, I prefer Lake Country CCS pads. Many on here like Lake Country Flat Pads and Lake Country Hydro-tech pads.

Lake Country Buffing Pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lakecountry.html)
Pad Selection (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-polishing-how-to.html)
Autogeek Buffing Pad Comparison Chart (http://www.auto-geek.net/charts/buffing-pad-chart-lc.htm)

Orange, White, Gray, Blue are good colors to start with.

Flash Gordon
11-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I gave you the correct answer in your introductory thread :)

Flash Gordon
11-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Just don't use the Griots Pad.

Why?

toycar18
11-26-2011, 01:54 PM
They only have two pads available and they tend to absorb way too much polish IMO.

I get longer working time and can dial in exactly what I want with CCS pads. Just my preference. Some people get buy with the Griots Pads just fine. Lake Country specializes in pads and I feel they are superior. Just my 2 cents.

Flash Gordon
11-26-2011, 02:00 PM
They only have two pads available and they tend to absorb way too much polish IMO.

I get longer working time and can dial in exactly what I want with CCS pads. Just my preference. Some people get buy with the Griots Pads just fine. Lake Country specializes in pads and I feel they are superior. Just my 2 cents.

Thats cool :props:

toycar18
11-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I also was using the Griots' polishes with them so that could have been a factor also.

Derek Short
11-26-2011, 02:04 PM
I gave you the correct answer in your introductory thread :)

I saw ur posting. I also see that u have quite a few post on here as well so im assuming u really know your stuff. I value ur opinion very much. just would like to see what other people recommend and suggest.

Here is the list that Flash recommend that i start off with.

3 - 6" Griots cutting pads (orange)

3- 6" Griots finishing pads (red)

2- 6.5" Surbuf pads

1- Quart Meguiars 105 (compound)

1- Quart Meguiars 205 (finishing polish)

1- Quart Collinite 845 (wax)

1- Carnuba of your choice. The one I use, you can't get ;)

anyone suggest anything else or would this be the best start kit for me to start off with?

also what about paint sealant? ive heard they they are new to the scene and try are trying to take the job of wax? and ive also heard the sealants don't give your car that nice glossy shine!

maybe you guys can help educate me a little on this.

courtdale
11-26-2011, 02:04 PM
Currently using:

Lake Country Pads, CCS and Hydrotech
Megs 105 for heavy cut
Menzerna's line for the remaining steps
Blackfire Wet Diamond to seal
Collinite 845 and Blackfire Midnight Sun as my waxes

toycar18
11-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Griots Polisher is very popular on here.

M105, M205 and Collinate 845 are very popular as well.

Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant provides probably the most shine from a sealant and is easy to work with.

Sealants produce a different look than Carnuba.

Some people like both on there car and other don't... whatever your preferance is

I saw ur posting. I also see that u have quite a few post on here as well so im assuming u really know your stuff. I value ur opinion very much. just would like to see what other people recommend and suggest.

2- 6.5" Surbuf pads

anyone suggest anything else or would this be the best start kit for me to start off with?

also what about paint sealant? ive heard they they are new to the scene and try are trying to take the job of wax? and ive also heard the sealants don't give your car that nice glossy shine!

maybe you guys can help educate me a little on this.

Flash Gordon
11-26-2011, 02:24 PM

2- 6.5" Surbuf pads

Yep! That looks like something I would say :dblthumb2:

Post counts means nothing. If anything you should take advice from members with low post counts. I'm just a blabber mouth is all =}

Derek Short
11-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Yep! That looks like something I would say :dblthumb2:

Post counts means nothing. If anything you should take advice from members with low post counts. I'm just a blabber mouth is all =}

lol thanks for ur help tho.

im still looking for more feedback people.

im also looking for feedback on interior cleaners as well.
lmk what u guys recommend.

toycar18
11-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Read posts, reviews, etc. Show and Shine has tons of work performed and often has products they use.

Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover followed by there Glaze is awesome.

Menzerna are one of the best brands of polishes.

Optimum has good polishes that are really easy to use. There new Hyper Compound with Hyper Polish using there MF pad is an awesome system.

ryanmcg1
11-26-2011, 07:27 PM
im also looking for feedback on interior cleaners as well.
lmk what u guys recommend.

Meg's APC+ or Optimum Power Clean diluted 1:4 for interior, also some Folex for spot cleaning carpets and fabrics. 303 Fabric Guard or Ultima Interior Guard for protection. Since I picked up some Car Pro PERL I find it a must for exterior trim, rubber seals, tires, engine dressing, vinyl dash and leather seats. All those is all I really use as for interior and exterior dressing and protecting.

Theres multi uses for all those products you will find out once you start doing more jobs. Can't go wrong with these products in your arsenal. You will learn, get better over time, addicted, and spend alot of money.

Happy detailing! :buffing:

Derek Short
11-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Been looking at AG site at pads and stuff and i seem to really like the set up, lay out, and all the great easy to follow description of the Lake Country pads. Their line of the CCS pads which are made and designed for the DA polishers seem like a good way to go.

Learn how to use the Porter Cable 7424 dual action buffer with CCS Smart Pads by Lake Country. Polish swirl remover car wax polisher wax buffing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/ccs-polishing-how-to.html)

I sometime i feel like im getting over whelmed with all the choices and which to chose and i want to make the right choice as well.
I was hearing about the micro fiber pads also but didn't see any on there list in the link above...
Do their line of the CCS pads do the same job as the MF pads? or are the MF pads just something that is different that other companies do?

Also came across this....
have any of you tired this before...?
Worth it? or just another way to sell u something u really don't need?

Griot's Garage 6 Inch Glass Polishing Pads, Griots Garage Glass Polish Pads, Glass Polishing Discs (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-glass-polishing-pads.html)