PDA

View Full Version : Extension Hose For Master Blaster

HighFive
11-26-2011, 10:51 AM
I have a Master Blaster on order. One of my vehicles is a Tahoe that is a little over 6' tall. I use a 3 step step stool to wash the roof. I'm thinking the 10' hose slung over my shoulder while standing on the stool will be a little short and cumbersome to use. I'm thinking about ordering the 10' extension hose (MVC-56D) from Metro Vac (AG doesn't carry it). Has anybody used one and does it slow down the air flow due to the additional resistance from a longer hose?

Setec Astronomy
11-26-2011, 10:57 AM
AG used to carry it, because I ordered it with my AF Blaster. I'm not sure I even used the thing with the short hose but it seems to work fine with the double length, if that helps you.

DARK HORSE
11-26-2011, 11:01 AM
I do SUV's and trucks with mine all the time, and the supplied hose works ok for me. But yes it may be nice to have a few extra feet. If you'd like a longer hose, you might try looking at Lowes or Home Depot. You might find a coupler, and some extra hose to add to what you already have. Or maybe something from somewhere like here...Dryer Hose (http://plasticservices.com/HoseFittings/dhose.htm)

Bunky
11-26-2011, 12:26 PM
The hose shows on back order. It looks like they hid the page so maybe not coming back.

Blaster and Master Blaster Heavy Duty Hose (http://www.autogeek.net/blandmablhed.html)

HighFive
11-26-2011, 12:35 PM
The hose shows on back order. It looks like they hid the page so maybe not coming back.

Blaster and Master Blaster Heavy Duty Hose (http://www.autogeek.net/blandmablhed.html)

That is a replacement hose model # MVC-56D. I failed to list the full model number for the extension hose which includes a coupler which is MVC-56D/184 as shown here. Blaster & Master Blaster Heavy Duty Hose Extension Kit #MVC-56D/184 | Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner (http://www.metrovacworld.com/node/804)

Old Tiger
11-26-2011, 01:12 PM
I have an Expedition and the 10' is fine. I think the frictional losses would take a big hit on output. Get the 8HP version. It is amazing!

Bunky
11-26-2011, 07:21 PM
I have an Expedition and the 10' is fine. I think the frictional losses would take a big hit on output. Get the 8HP version. It is amazing!

I thought someone did some testing and said there was no appreciable reduction but would like to get more reports.

HighFive
11-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I thought someone did some testing and said there was no appreciable reduction but would like to get more reports.

I submitted an inquiry to Metro Vac about the possible decrease in air flow/speed. I will post when I get a response.

Jaddie
11-27-2011, 09:39 AM
Dear HighFive & Friends

Like you, I have the Master Blaster ordered. I'll be drying a Honda Odyssey and a Lexus ES300.

Isn't the Master Blaster light enough to be picked up and carried? If so, and if you're willing and able to use it this way, you won't need the longer hose.

I speak from a complete lack of experience.

mjlinane
11-27-2011, 09:51 AM
You can definitely pick it up and carry it in operation but the 10' hose becomes rather unruly. Actually, it's rather unruly most of the time ;).

ScottB
11-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Isn't the Master Blaster light enough to be picked up and carried? If so, and if you're willing and able to use it this way, you won't need the longer hose.

Because it on wheels it rolls around quite nicely on its own too. Currently I have not found a need for more tubing, but then again I did not install it permanently to a wall.

HighFive
11-28-2011, 02:19 PM
I submitted an inquiry to Metro Vac about the possible decrease in air flow/speed. I will post when I get a response.

This is the response I got from Metro Vac. :xyxthumbs:

Thank you for your email.

You will not be able to detect any loss of power when extending the hose another 10 feet. If you choose to extend the hose I recommend using gorilla glue and permanently adhere the two hoses together.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to call or email.

Thank you,

David Stern
V.P. Marketing
Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Company, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-822-1602 Fax: 1-845-357-1640

Bunky
11-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Thanks for posting. I really want to hang my MB on the wall so this is another incentive.