PDA

View Full Version : What to do with really nasty scratch?

pcw25
11-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I was wondering what to do with a really nasty scratch (it's in the show n shine category). I was wondering if i should take it to the dealership, take it to an independent body shop, or just do it myself. The scratch is through the paint/clear coat and there's a nasty ding. The dealership's expensive, independent shops are not trustworthy, and i am afraid to do it myself. what is the best route to take?

Flash Gordon
11-25-2011, 09:55 PM
I was wondering what to do with a really nasty scratch (it's in the show n shine category). I was wondering if i should take it to the dealership, take it to an independent body shop, or just do it myself. The scratch is through the paint/clear coat and there's a nasty ding. The dealership's expensive, independent shops are not trustworthy, and i am afraid to do it myself. what is the best route to take?

If those were my 3 options I would go with the dealer

Before you do that though, why don't you practice wetsanding

pcw25
11-25-2011, 10:17 PM
it went the whole way through the clear coat/paint....i'm very afraid that it will just make it worse.

Meticulous-Detail
11-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Try Dr. ColorChip and then maybe a light wet sand with 2000 and then some polish to blend. Might not need the wet sand after Dr.ColorChip.

Dr.ColorChip Custom Automotive Touch-Up Paint Kit - Dr. ColorChip: Automotive Paint Chip Repair Systems (http://www.drcolorchip.com/)