PDA

View Full Version : OptiCoat questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

Black Car
11-25-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm seriously thinking about opticoating my 2005 TL since the paint is so soft.

1) I've heard you can't use wax or sealants with OC. Is it that you don't have to use them or that they just don't stick to it? They don't change the appearance at all?

2) I'm always doing waterless washes since I live in an apartment building and it does a number on my paint. How does OC react with quick detailers?

3) Does anyone want to trade me the remainder of their OC syringe? Shoot me an IM

I guess my dilemma is that I love washing, waxing, quick detailing my car but the Honda paint is so soft I can't take the swirls. Any advice is much appreciated.

SeaJay's
11-25-2011, 02:01 PM
When you changing your name to TLLover? Lol jk

Black Car
11-25-2011, 02:07 PM
I told you, I'm just gonna change it to "chicken lover" and be done with it.

IID
11-25-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm seriously thinking about opticoating my 2005 TL since the paint is so soft.

1) I've heard you can't use wax or sealants with OC. Is it that you don't have to use them or that they just don't stick to it? They don't change the appearance at all?

2) I'm always doing waterless washes since I live in an apartment building and it does a number on my paint. How does OC react with quick detailers?

3) Does anyone want to trade me the remainder of their OC syringe? Shoot me an IM

I guess my dilemma is that I love washing, waxing, quick detailing my car but the Honda paint is so soft I can't take the swirls. Any advice is much appreciated.
(1) Nothing will stick to the OC(not for long anyways)
(2) It's fine to use WW,DS on OC
(3) None for trade.I have a tube of the "New Version OC" on the way but won't be trading any.With the BlackFriday sales,you can pick some up for a good price.

IndeedSS
11-25-2011, 02:15 PM
(1) Nothing will stick to the OC(not for long anyways)
(2) It's fine to use WW,DS on OC
(3) None for trade.I have a tube of the "New Version OC" on the way but won't be trading any.With the BlackFriday sales,you can pick some up for a good price.

What is the deal with the new version? I've heard about it, but can't find the details. I have a tube of 2.0 I bought a couple of months ago, but chickened out on applying.

IID
11-25-2011, 02:20 PM
What is the deal with the new version? I've heard about it, but can't find the details. I have a tube of 2.0 I bought a couple of months ago, but chickened out on applying.

The "New version OC" has even longer working time(more user friendly in helping knock down high spots,so it's less prone to staining).Also it is layerable.

IndeedSS
11-25-2011, 02:32 PM
The "New version OC" has even longer working time(more user friendly in helping knock down high spots,so it's less prone to staining).Also it is layerable.

Very cool, thanks. I'd buy the updated version once AG has it. I'm not in a hurry, since recently going with the BFWD and Collinite 845.

IID
11-25-2011, 02:52 PM
Very cool, thanks. I'd buy the updated version once AG has it.

Yes,AG shoiuld have it in the near future.

Black Car
11-25-2011, 02:54 PM
they should come out with a version that waxes and sealants would cling too for obsessive people like me.

gmck
11-25-2011, 06:07 PM

I really don't know how important the longer working time is. I swapped to OG about 2 syringes back and I really can't say that I noticed much difference between it and OC. Just as easy to work with as OC.

I've had the new label version (layerable) for about a month(sourced in Australia), so evidently it has been around for quite awhile. Whether that is also true for OC I'm not sure. However, it looks like AG have it because Nick was using it in this review.

TLMitchell
11-25-2011, 06:17 PM
When you changing your name to TLLover? Lol jk

Careful there... :confused:

TL

Black Car
11-25-2011, 11:27 PM
Thanks for your help IID

Chris Thomas
11-26-2011, 12:04 AM
Just to add to what IID said: The longer work time refers to the pro version that was updated at the same time...you probably won't see any difference with 2.0.

crxman2010
11-26-2011, 12:10 AM
What is the scope on the layering ability of this "new" stuff? Can it be layered over 2.0? How long between layering? ...? I was under the impression the product could not be layered.

Chris Thomas
11-26-2011, 03:20 AM
What is the scope on the layering ability of this "new" stuff? Can it be layered over 2.0? How long between layering? ...? I was under the impression the product could not be layered.

Recent formula improvements allow layering of the new version over its self; Not previous applications of previously released versions.

Sent from my IPhone