PDA

View Full Version : Dealership mess up again.

Pages : [1] 2 3

slickooz
11-25-2011, 12:48 PM
I was looking at my car's hood today and notice there was lots of swirls on my hood. I then come to the conclusion that the dealership had washed my car. I went to the dealership about a week ago because they had to fix some rattling noise. I told them to note not to wash my car in their computer. And I also reminded him please don't wash my car, I just spent 15+ hours on it.

What pisses me off is that I mention to him 3-5 times don't wash my car that day and they couldn't even get that done right.

They asked me to let them detail my car to fix it and I told them absolute not. I told him I use to work at one and knows whats goes into "detailing" a car. So they asked me what can we do for you? They offer to do couple oil change, but I will never bring my car back to that dealership again. What do you think I should ask for? I'm so pissed right now, the whole car is swirled up badly.

Do you think if I asked for a spoiler lip, would it be out of line?

Harleyguy
11-25-2011, 12:52 PM
When I'm in the same situation I offer my customers a free oil change / Oil filter usually that makes them happy .

mjlinane
11-25-2011, 12:54 PM
They did that to my car last summer. Now I hang a "DO NOT WASH // NO LAVAR EL CARRO" sign from my steering wheel. They haven't done it since - the representatives seem to get a kick out of it, too.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-25-2011, 12:57 PM
I know what you mean. I took my car in to have its service done and I had just detailed it before I dropped it off. So there was only a light dusting on the car. I told them the same thing. Dont touch the car. Next thing I know the car is done and no where in sight. Come to find out the took it out back to have it washed and I run to the back to see my car enter the automatic car wash. There was nothing I could do at that point and I waited for the car to come out the other side. I was so pissed. So needless to say my detailing efforts where ruined and I had to start over. Although the fresh wax held up pretty good and wasnt nearly as bad as I thought when I did the redo.

Audi X2
11-25-2011, 01:02 PM
I have the service guy at my dealership trained to the point where he confirms that I do not want the car washed before I even say anything!

I would simply not return to the dealership and find an alternative. No reason to risk future problems after your hard work is destroyed.

embolism
11-25-2011, 01:05 PM
you need to make a sign and leave it in the car.

Put it on the dash when you bring your car in for service

dougaross
11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
When I'm in the same situation I offer my customers a free oil change / Oil filter usually that makes them happy .

Don't you throw in a free car wash? LOL

dougaross
11-25-2011, 02:41 PM
you need to make a sign and leave it in the car.

Put it on the dash when you bring your car in for service

Do Not Wash // No Lavar el Carro

yakky
11-25-2011, 02:44 PM
Make signs and it won't happen. The guy that washes the car doesn't read "the computer."

tw33k2514
11-25-2011, 02:45 PM
The thing that makes me laugh about dealer detailing is how when I worked for one we would run it through the auto wash and then detail it.... Can you say counter productive. And we weren't just filling in the swirls we would actually correct the paint. Just made me mad that we were creating half the stuff we corrected...

ScubaCougr
11-25-2011, 02:59 PM
I told them to note not to wash my car in their computer. ... I mention to him 3-5 times don't wash my car that day and they couldn't even get that done right.

A great big post-it note right in the middle of the windshield saying "DO NOT WASH!!" has worked for me. Problem is the service writer does not talk to the lot boys who typically move the cars...and the lot boy doesn't need to look at the service order either.

FWIW....

buddhadog
11-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Find out and get an estimate how much it would cost to fix it. Get it in writing from]a proffesional detailshop (that does it the right way)Then tell them you want the equilalent amount in service or parts.

Yopu may not get it but I think that is fair.:props:

jreblackGT
11-25-2011, 03:41 PM
They did that to my car last summer. Now I hang a "DO NOT WASH // NO LAVAR EL CARRO" sign from my steering wheel. They haven't done it since - the representatives seem to get a kick out of it, too.

That's exactly what I will do also.

saint29
11-25-2011, 07:44 PM
I worked for a Honda dealership and I get so mad at how they detail cars, they do it fast because they get paid by the car and don't care about the paint cause they want to do it as fast as they can to make money, and most detail shops and dealerships don't know how to get out swirl marks, but thats good for us that know how to do it, so go on dealerships keep on sucking, keep making us money :)

mswerb
11-25-2011, 10:59 PM
I worked for a Honda dealership and I get so mad at how they detail cars, they do it fast because they get paid by the car and don't care about the paint cause they want to do it as fast as they can to make money, and most detail shops and dealerships don't know how to get out swirl marks, but thats good for us that know how to do it, so go on dealerships keep on sucking, keep making us money :)

It's not just Honda dealerships. It's ALL dealerships.
(I worked at a Honda dealership as well)