PDA

View Full Version : PB's S&W or DP's Waterless Auto Wash

Pages : [1] 2

Whitethunder46
02-20-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm looking for a pure quick detailer which contains no wax, just cleaning agents.

I was just going to get PB's S&W which I've heard good things about, but then saw DP has a very similar product. Anyone try both, or can comment on one or the other? Does one have a higher concentrate of lubricants?

BTW, just recieved my order of 2 jars of Souveran. Will be putting it the car within the next few days.

Brace1
02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
S&W is all I've used (and have 2 gals of it), but I'm sure the 4-in-1 at QD dilution would be a great alternative at a much cheaper price.

ScottB
02-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Poorboys, and Mothers Showtime are my personal fav's

Whitethunder46
02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
S&W is all I've used (and have 2 gals of it), but I'm sure the 4-in-1 at QD dilution would be a great alternative at a much cheaper price.

I have 4:1 and have tried it at the QD level. I think it's something like 2 oz. per 32 oz. of water. Anyways, I really didn't care for it. Then again, maybe it was because the vehicle was pretty cold and my MF's were just spreading the 4:1 QD rather than absorbing.

The only reason I want this is for my car when it's a little dusty. I'm not someone to QD my vehicle daily, and I usually just wash it once a week. I just want something to have that would work well.

I might have to give my 4:1 QD another shot.

SVTContour
02-20-2007, 09:24 PM
I have and love both products.

Poorboy's Spray and Wipe works great for quick touch-ups on light dirt, dust, road grime, bird bombs, etc.

However, in the winter months here in Michigan I don't know what I would do without DP 4-in-1. My process is to go to the powerwash to spray off as much road salt and grime that I can. Then I go home to park the car in the garrage. Next, I add 1 oz. of DP 4-in-1 in a bucket and I add a gallon of warm water. I soak a Cobra super plush Jr. in the solution, clean the car and dry with a guzzler. I mist some of the DP 4-in1 dilluted at the QD ratio on the heavier grime.

Bobjones
02-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I have the PB Spray and Wipe and the DP Waterless Wash. They are comparable products, however I find the DP is slightly better at water mark removal than the spary and wipe. That said both products should be followed up with either PB Spray and Gloss or DP Gloss Booster as neither the PB S&W nor the DP WW have glossing agents.

As for the DP 4in1 with the QD mix, I find this is good for a quick removal of fingerprints or something where I don't need to clean and would not use the Gloss Booster. The 4in1 has gloss agents and thus on a clean car that is already got fresh wax and been boosted by Gloss Booster this is a good alternative.

I really htink I have too much DP stuff but it all works great...

Nuke33
02-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I hear goodthings from the Poorboys

supercharged
02-21-2007, 12:23 AM
Poorboy's SW for dust QD, DP 4-in-1 for waterless wash (when finish is dirtier). Works great.

Whitethunder46
02-21-2007, 10:13 AM
I already use 4:1 for a rinseless wash. I wanted something to just be able to spray in wipe.

PB's it is.

MikeyC
02-21-2007, 11:29 AM
I already use 4:1 for a rinseless wash. I wanted something to just be able to spray in wipe.

PB's it is.

I think you've made a wise decision. :applause:

I use 4-in-1 for rinseless washing and as clay lube. I don't think it works as well as a QD. Poorboy's IMVHO makes an unbelievable waterless wash. I've tried many QDs over the years and S&W is definitely my favorite cleaning QD.

Whitethunder46
02-21-2007, 12:53 PM
I think you've made a wise decision. :applause:

I use 4-in-1 for rinseless washing and as clay lube. I don't think it works as well as a QD. Poorboy's IMVHO makes an unbelievable waterless wash. I've tried many QDs over the years and S&W is definitely my favorite cleaning QD.

Yep, definately looking for a cleaning QD.
I have 4:1 in a bottle for clay lube, but have yet to use it.

2KLS1
02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
I tried using 4-in1 as a QD for very light cleaning but was not impressed. It felt like I was just spraying water on the car. I'll probably just use the solution I made as a lube for claying. It does work well for washing though when used a bucket and wash mitt.

Mr. Clean
02-21-2007, 02:34 PM
FWIW, I think 2KLS1 is referring to this product

DP Waterless Auto Wash lets you wash your vehicle without water! Waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-auto-wash.html)

vs the 4 n 1 product.

I have both (I also have the 4 n 1 product). Between S&W and the equivalent DP offering I can't put my finger on any large differencesm but I haven't done a lot of side-by-side testing either. I've used S&W longer and have just stuck with it.

I am curious about the differences (or more likely the similarities) between the DP Waterless wash and the 4n1. Perhaps some of the AG crew could chime in.

MikeyC
02-21-2007, 03:41 PM
Yep, definately looking for a cleaning QD.
I have 4:1 in a bottle for clay lube, but have yet to use it.

Works like a charm! Cheap too! :righton:

FWIW, I think 2KLS1 is referring to this product

DP Waterless Auto Wash lets you wash your vehicle without water! Waterless car wash (http://www.autogeek.net/waterless-auto-wash.html)

vs the 4 n 1 product.

I have both (I also have the 4 n 1 product). Between S&W and the equivalent DP offering I can't put my finger on any large differencesm but I haven't done a lot of side-by-side testing either. I've used S&W longer and have just stuck with it.

I am curious about the differences (or more likely the similarities) between the DP Waterless wash and the 4n1. Perhaps some of the AG crew could chime in.
Yeah, I don't think everyone realizes that there is a rinseless wash and a waterless wash in the DP line. It can get a little confusing for people I think. Personally, I haven't used the waterless wash but I also haven't found a DP product that I don't like.

justin_murphy
02-21-2007, 03:47 PM
I've used the DP Waterless Wash and like it. There is no fancy shining chemicals in it but it really cleans and is well lubricated. It's a lot stronger than 4-in-1 mixed as a QD.

You want to what my favorite waterless wash mix is?

2 caps of 4-in-1......
1 cap of Waterless Wash....
1 cap of Final Gloss Booster.

All of this in a 16oz spray bottle. It clean, lubes, and shines like no other!