PDA

View Full Version : working the day after thanksgiving

pixelmonkey
11-25-2011, 09:13 AM
on the drive to the office, i stop at a local gas station to grab a drink and lotto ticket.

being the day after thanksgiving, you think people would have a light heart, and be happy they arent forced by their other half to camp out at a store to save a buck.

as i enter the door and make my way to the cooler, i hear another customer complaining to the cashier about working today.

best quote of the day...

"i feel like i've been handed a cow sh!t boquet! I shouldnt have to work today. this is a bunch of sh!t!"

the cashier just happens to be the owner of the station and busted up laughing.
the more i think of it, the more it makes me laugh.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

Finemess
11-25-2011, 09:15 AM
LOL They do have a way with words.

SeaJay's
11-25-2011, 09:19 AM
LOL that's a good one!

I use to work in retail for awhile CVS & Sharper Image...all I can say is Black Friday is a nightmare! I will never go shopping no Black Friday just because of my experiences working on this day.

So instead I sit here on the forums until my girlfriend is ready to leave, then I'm heading to Maine for the weekend!

Flash Gordon
11-25-2011, 09:19 AM
I don't like hearing curse words. I wouldn't shop there anymore

pixelmonkey
11-25-2011, 09:54 AM
I don't like hearing curse words. I wouldn't shop there anymore
the customer was the one that made the statement.

the owner busted up laughing because he's always working and looks at the customer as having no room to complain.

good deterrent to do business with the guy that was complaining though.

Flash Gordon
11-25-2011, 09:58 AM
the customer was the one that made the statement.

the owner busted up laughing because he's always working and looks at the customer as having no room to complain.

good deterrent to do business with the guy that was complaining though.

I would've told the customer cursing is unacceptable in my store and to stop his baby whinning. Suck it up and get your job done is what I would've said

Next customer please... :)

Robert_Conklin
11-25-2011, 10:12 AM
He needs to put his BIG BOY panties on!! LOL!!

rakkvet
11-25-2011, 10:32 AM
I would have called the cursing customer a "client." See other thread http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/43460-calling-customers-clients.html
lol

Larry A
11-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Just let it go in one ear and out the other. I have to work today too.

Nappers
11-25-2011, 12:17 PM
I worked yesterday and working today, and working tomorrow and wait, worked wednesday!

Part of the dealio....Working in the klink, we are 24hr a day here! Keeping Cwiminals off of the street for your protection!

ShinyRex
11-25-2011, 12:27 PM
My wife was rather upset at having to work today as well, but in this economy having a job and having to work on a day like today seems a lot better than not having a job.

PA DETAILER
11-25-2011, 12:53 PM
i have to go in today. but with 27.5 hours so far for the week, guess ill be eating canned pasta the rest of the month. then trying to pull money out of my a** to pay bills. this is a very black period for me. hope it passes!

rwright
11-25-2011, 01:25 PM
I hate people with the attitude of "this world owes me...". I had to work yesterday on Thanksgiving and it was the first time in 10 years my wife and I didn't spend a holiday together, but you know what? I didn't complain because I'm thankful to have a job. Working as a contractor has opened my eyes because I know every year could be my last. Here's an idea: Replace the complainers with people who would be thankful, bet morale would raise.

VISITOR
11-25-2011, 11:30 PM
I hate people with the attitude of "this world owes me...".

unfortunately, there are far to many of these kind of people around and the ones who take advantage of the health care system disgust me. one more big reason why the state has no money...