PDA

View Full Version : CarWash Broke my mirror.

Pages : [1] 2

Lone_Star
02-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Well as the little says I am not very happy today. I took my vehicle to the carwash on Friday because it was in dire need. When I pulled in I handed the kid my coupon, and as I did the other kid hit my mirror to fold it back and completely broke it.
So I talk to the owner last night after looking for the cost of the part and he tells me he will see me in court if I want to get reimburesed for it. Tells me the kid did not abuse it and how does he know it wasn't already broken. The kid openly admitted he broke the mirror. What a way to do business! Needless to say I will not be going back there and will make sure I tell as many people as possible. What ever happened to people taking responsibility for their actions.

Stittville Ed
02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Have a Lawyer write him a letter, will cost you some money but you will feel better.

Is the mirror black or painted?????????
I knocked the mirror off my van backing into the garage.
It was a black non-heated mirror and the short price was $60 from the dealer.

P1et
02-20-2007, 10:18 AM
The owner of the carwash sounds like a proper @$$. How about you report him to the local BBB???

Al-53
02-20-2007, 10:34 AM
call his bluff...file a small claims action...get a estimate from a dealer to fix with labor...he will also have to pay your file fees...maybe 25.00....

his actions were not called for..he is insured for damage...and plus the kid admitted to breaking it....

Then when you win..which I would favor you 99.9%...you buy the mirror and replace your self....

Al

Lone_Star
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks for the support ya'll. I am still really upset about how this guy acted. I already talked with a lawyer who is going to contact him and write him a letter. The mirror is not painted, yet has the chrome backing.

P1et-- I am going to contact the BBB. I also am going to talk to the city to get a permit to picket the wash and let customers know how the owner really is. It will waste a day, but if I can get 1 person to turn around then I feel it will be worth it.

Al-53--I am going to. After he said "I will see you in court" and hung up I was determined to not let this go.

I even told him on the phone that if he would just buy the part I would take care of the installation. He told me that he wasn't giving me anything. What a way to do business. Maybe Autogeek should run a business seminar on how to run a business properly. Thanks for letting me rant about this.

Jimmie
02-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Get the rest of us his car wash businesses name, address, e-mail. I've got no problem writting him to say that I'm telling everybody that I know in the area.

Gary Sword
02-20-2007, 12:37 PM
Sorry to hear that Lone_Star. You could probably take him to small claims court.

Lone_Star
02-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Gary, I am hoping it doesn't come to that and he does the right thing. If not, then I guess thats what has to be done.

Jimmie, I will. I want to see what he says to my lawyer first.

ltoman
02-20-2007, 02:15 PM
I am so sorry!! Just on principle, you can't let this go. Oh my God.
I had a place scratch the roof of our Honda - because they used a brush - and the guy argued and denied it. I took it up with insurance and they told me there is no way to prove it if he is not admitting it, we will fix it but we can't nail him for it. I was mad.
Keep us posted on events. Pull his bluff, big jerk!
Go Lone Star!

Kelso
02-20-2007, 03:33 PM
can i see a picture of the broken mirror in question? we are required to push in mirrors at our place too on bigger vehicles and i know some of the other workers are careless, but we can tell if we break something or if its already broken usually. this manager sounds like an idiot, he absolutely should have taken care of you, i know we would have. we do break stuff from time to time and if its our fault we always fix it. especially since a worker broke it and not the wash itself, that should tell you something.

ScottB
02-20-2007, 04:01 PM
the easy solve is dont use carwashes ... I remember a little story in Key West. Seems the local kids liked to prank the visitors and would tie nuts (metal) to the ends of the strands on car wash. When they were swinging around and around to wash the car, they were actually crashing against the finish.

Nuke33
02-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Deff bring them to cort go over there and get a signed statment from the kid with a whitness you will win the case w/o a doubt

Tex Star Detail
02-20-2007, 04:06 PM
the easy solve is dont use carwashes ... I remember a little story in Key West. Seems the local kids liked to prank the visitors and would tie nuts (metal) to the ends of the strands on car wash. When they were swinging around and around to wash the car, they were actually crashing against the finish.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Lone_Star
02-20-2007, 06:02 PM
Kelso, I will try and get a picture tomorrow to show. Its hard to see, because its the lock mechanism that keeps it in place.

This is just down right scary. I know I wont be using a wash again! Learned my lesson.

Truls
02-20-2007, 06:19 PM
Makes you wonder how somebody can run a firm when they act like that.

Just makes me sick