PDA

View Full Version : Quick and prob stupid MF care question

Pages : [1] 2

Ryan R
11-23-2011, 02:13 PM
First off...I'm aware of proper MF care...always wash cold,no fabric softener,no bleach.
Always dry with no heat (air fluff) and never dryer sheets.
My mf's are all in great shape because of this.

Now my question...I've read you can use low heat but has anyone ever had any issues with even low heat negatively affecting the quality of their MF's?
I'm almost sure it would e ok but just checking others experience with it.
Thanks!

SRTSean
11-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I always use low heat and have had no problems. In fact, the Griots mf towels I have purchased in the past said on the tag that they can be dried on high heat.

SeaJay's
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
I always use low heat for mine and have never had any issues.

They have accidentally been put on high heat...I can thank my girlfriends mother for that. Thankfully they were not ruined and most of them were my all purpose towels. I don't know how many times I have asked her not to touch them...I now put signs on the washer/dryer when I'm washing my MFs.

Ryan R
11-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Cool. That's what my tags say too but I always figured be safe than sorry but with the cold and dampness today they could use some heat.
I was worried of "melting" the fibers on the towels

Ryan R
11-23-2011, 02:20 PM

They have accidentally been put on high heat...I can thank my girlfriends mother for that. Thankfully they were not ruined and most of them were my all purpose towels. I don't know how many times I have asked her not to touch them...I now put signs on the washer/dryer when I'm washing my MFs.

Good idea lol.Before I knew about correct MF care I had washed mine in hot,with color safe bleach. And dried on high heat. those are now my all purpose rags...oops lol

Rsurfer
11-23-2011, 02:22 PM

:rulez::urtheman:

Setec Astronomy
11-23-2011, 03:33 PM
You guys are nuts, I always wash in hot water, and dry on hot.

Porsche Pilot
11-23-2011, 03:57 PM
I sometimes boil mine to get them all nice again. Heat has never been a problem for me.

MI Mike
11-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Mine have been washed in warm water. Dried on low heat. No problems.

slickooz
11-23-2011, 04:05 PM
I dried mine on high. They seem to be alright, I didn't know they had to be air without heat. That would that forever....

Setec Astronomy
11-23-2011, 04:13 PM
I sometimes boil mine to get them all nice again. Heat has never been a problem for me.

You mean they didn't melt!?!?

We had a knock-down, drag-out about this on another forum years ago, and a towel guy (who coincidentally is a really bad vendor--you stink, Leo!) made it clear that there was no way to damage MF's with heat (other than to make the dye run).

I always wash in hot--how else are you going to get the wax/sealant/dressing out?

Ryan R
11-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Well the how to care for mf boldly states no heat and dry on no or low heat. I use regular Tide in cold and never had an issue with product residue.
I always assumed hot wash would work better especially for getting wax and sealant remains off

davidc
11-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I have been washing mine on cold with extra rinse and dry on medium heat. Been doing this for a few years now and haven't noticed a problem.

Dave

Porsche Pilot
11-23-2011, 06:24 PM
You mean they didn't melt!?!?

We had a knock-down, drag-out about this on another forum years ago, and a towel guy (who coincidentally is a really bad vendor--you stink, Leo!) made it clear that there was no way to damage MF's with heat (other than to make the dye run).

I always wash in hot--how else are you going to get the wax/sealant/dressing out?

I don't boil them all the time but the times that I have resulted in no damage at all. In fact, they dried much softer than any other washing method I have tried. I think the boiling really deep cleans the fibers. I only let them hang out in the pot for a few minutes, wring out and then let dry. I have found that my drying towels work much better after a good boil compared to washing machine or apc clean.

jiverson04
11-23-2011, 07:42 PM
I use low heat with no problem.