PDA

View Full Version : An old Carbrite product...

red91lx
02-20-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm wondering if anyone has ever used a pink polish from Carbrite called Crystal Shine. It's been a long time since I've seen or used the product, but the results were dramatic when used with only an orbital buffer.

I never saw it in a retail store, just at a dealership that I used to work.

Just wondering if it is still around.

Al-53
02-20-2007, 09:30 AM
I believe carbrite products are sold from Jobbers ...meaning Distributors and truck jobbers...not really a OTC product...maybe can get at some body shop supplier ....

and yes it still is available....

best person to ask is TexasTB here on the forum..he uses Carbrite products alot...probably the most knowledgeable one to ask..he may even use the product as I know he uses alot of carbrite stuff...

AL

trhland
02-20-2007, 10:16 AM
i never tryed it but i just took a ride to carbrite last week and bought there shake and shine .as soon as it gets wormer out ill try it

C&C2Detail
02-20-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes it is still around. I use it with my rotary and edge pads. It does a very good job. You have to get it from a distributor...it is not sold OTC.

Tex Star Detail
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
Recieved your PM, and PM sent back

supercharged
02-21-2007, 05:25 AM
Never heard of Carbrite.

trhland
02-21-2007, 06:47 AM
Never heard of Carbrite.they have great stuff . mostly for pro detailers

Nuke33
02-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Intresting :) sounds like they would work well

C&C2Detail
02-21-2007, 09:31 AM
Just my PO...I like the PoorBoy's swirl removers over Crystal Shine. The PoorBoy's cost a bit more, but I think it will be worth it! In fact I did a test on a red F-150 yesterday to see what was better and hands down the PB did much better.

Al-53
02-21-2007, 09:45 AM
From reading the Carbrite product description ..I would say the Crystal shine and PB SSR are two different type products...PB's SSR's are more of a compound with 4 ranges of abrasives..

The Crystal Shine sound more like a lite polish with some protection for lite work..

A022 CRYSTAL SHINE®

DESCRIPTION:
A mildly aggressive, highly durable polish that removes light scratches, oxidation and swirl marks, leaves a deep, long-lasting gloss and contains silicone.

KEY FEATURES:
• Pink lotion
• Contains silicone
• Good durability <<<<<< some thing different from PB's SSR's
• Safe for all finishes

may be more like a AIO type product then a SSR type...

Al

Larry A
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
I think Eagle One 0wnes them now.

C&C2Detail
02-21-2007, 02:04 PM
Okay tell me if this is correct:

When I use the Crystal Shine it is a AIO product and that is all that I would need to use.

If I use the PB swirl removers I would need to apply wax or sealant afterwards.

If I use the PB Super compound I would need to polish and then follow with a wax or sealant.

I am starting to think that maybe I need to be using a AIO. I mainly do vehicles for a car dealer. With time equaling money I would need to eliminate too many steps.

What is a good AIO product?

Al-53
02-21-2007, 02:43 PM
Okay tell me if this is correct:

When I use the Crystal Shine it is a AIO product and that is all that I would need to use. not sure about the products abilities

If I use the PB swirl removers I would need to apply wax or sealant afterwards. Yes

If I use the PB Super compound I would need to polish and then follow with a wax or sealant. Yes

I am starting to think that maybe I need to be using a AIO. I mainly do vehicles for a car dealer. With time equaling money I would need to eliminate too many steps.

What is a good AIO product?

If your doing car lot cars...I would use PB's PwS it has some cut with using different pads..and adds sealant...or use any good 1 step product...

I never used the Crystal Shine so do not know the out come of it..but I would Ask TexasTB on it..he uses mostly all Carbrite stuff...

I do not know what the dealer pays you ...but doing polishing and swirl removal is time consuming..I hope you are getting at least 125+ a car if you are doing inside and out...

some good 1 steps...

AIO

Meg's 66..careful stain trim..wipe off fast..

OPT Polyseal

Pb's PwS..

DG 101

as I said..ask TexasTB what the best 1 step is from carbrite..

I would use the cheapest and best looking product for lot cars...as they pay peanuts for the work done

I had a country club wanting me to do 75 golf carts...wash polish and wax and do tires for 12.00 each...I laffed and went home...

look at my answers next to your questions

AL

onceaweekwaxer
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
crystal shine is one of my faves removes mild scratches and swirls and leaves a nice shine and it has a good amount of working time and make sure you let it haze before removing

C&C2Detail
02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you Al for your input :applause: I'm now trying to figure out what 1 step I should try.