PDA

View Full Version : Paint job or not? and another thing.

Isaiahjones12
11-23-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm a teen boy who just got a car. It's a 2008 Nissan Altima. It was my mom's at first and it's not in perfect shape. There are minor scratches and i know how to take care of that. the thing is my front bumper has lots of scratches and other things on it. Can I do this on my own or do I need a professional?

The other thing was this big dent on the driver side. I don't know where i need to go to take care of this.
Feed back please

Harleyguy
11-23-2011, 09:15 AM
As far as the dent that needs to go too a body shop If i was you since there is a dent on the body you can use that panel as test panel try doing some paint correction providing you own some detailing products .

Isaiahjones12
11-23-2011, 09:28 AM
As far as the dent that needs to go too a body shop If i was you since there is a dent on the body you can use that panel as test panel try doing some paint correction providing you own some detailing products .

Thanks, will take that into consideration

pixelmonkey
11-23-2011, 09:38 AM
a paintless dent repair shop can take out most of the dent in the photograph.

listen to Harleyguy on the paint correction. worst case, you mess up a body panel that is already in need of some touch-up paint.

search the forum for more answers on how to clean, prepare and correct the remaining issues.

chris<pixelmonkey>:D

soccer05
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
You can try Dr ColorChip. It has really good reviews.

Harleyguy
11-23-2011, 09:45 AM
a paintless dent repair shop can take out most of the dent in the photograph.

listen to Harleyguy on the paint correction. worst case, you mess up a body panel that is already in need of some touch-up paint.

search the forum for more answers on how to clean, prepare and correct the remaining issues.

chris<pixelmonkey>:DTrue a PDR guy can take out dents but if you look at the picture the dent is right on the crease of the panel so even if that dent part comes out the crease won't I have PDR guy come to the dealership once a week they can only do so much .