PDA

View Full Version : Advice on good care products!!

Belushi8
11-22-2011, 10:32 PM
I need your help. I'm new, just posted intro an hour ago. I just purchased a 2011 Ford F150 FX4 super crew in race red. I'm gonna own this truck for years. I didn't realize there were soo many care car products out there till I found autogeek, WOW. I would like some direction in what to get to keep my truck beautiful. Everything from waxes and cleaners to wheel and window care. Any thoughts and help would GREATLY be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Belair
11-22-2011, 10:40 PM
...I didn't realize there were soo many care car products out there till I found autogeek, WOW. I would like some direction in what to get to keep my truck beautiful...

The only sane thing to do is buy one of everything that's out there.

Just kidding, although many of us get carried away trying this and that. What I'd do is to read as many posts as you can on the products you may use then get a feel for the folks who seem to know what they're talking about consistently. That'll take some time but any other way and you'll be blown around like a leaf in the wind. Everyone has a fav thing they use, but I guess the good thing is most of the products out there will serve their stated purpose well enough; if they didn't they wouldn't be around for long.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-22-2011, 10:41 PM
Anything that AG carries is good stuff......

tw33k2514
11-22-2011, 10:50 PM
Just do some reading, take advantage of search, and I am sure that will get you on the right path. To many great products to just throw names at you.

toycar18
11-22-2011, 10:54 PM
Spend 30-60 minutes a night for two weeks on here and you will learn a ton and will have a very good idea what works good.

Then go shopping on Auto Geek so you don't waste money on unnecessary products.

shoeless89
11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
You'll be addicted before you know it lol Like everyone else said, a lot of members here (including myself) try new products CONSTANTLY. I've gotten pointed in the right direction many times by just asking questions about a particular task or product.

Take a look through all the categories on autogeek, read the reviews and find some that catch your eye. Not all the reviews are always spot on from my experience but generally they are. After you have found some use the search feature to find some more hands on experience people have had with the product.

You can look at some really in depth reviews of products in the "Product Reviews" section of the forum. CEE DOGS reviews will give you all the information about a product you could ask for.

Also read the Mike Phillips section
Of the forum, you will learn a lot there. He also has recently put out a book in paperback or e-book format which ever you prefer. Its fairly inexpensive, shows you how to do most processes and also lists products for each step.

Good luck and welcome! :)

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk

mwtaco
11-22-2011, 11:32 PM
welcome!

nearly every question for beginners is addressed in the forum. easily found using the search function. i actually type my question in google and add the word "autogeek" and found this to be more effective than the forum search function. its all in here!

Jimmie
11-23-2011, 12:11 AM
Here's another good AG link. When you get on scroll down to select catagories.
Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)

Belushi8
11-23-2011, 12:27 AM
Thanks everybody. I kinda forgot about the search function. Will give it a shot.