PDA

View Full Version : Pad issues

Pages : [1] 2

Nica
02-19-2007, 11:41 PM
Um I'm having some problems here I don't know if it's me or if it's the pads them selves but I just thought I'd ask for feed back.

Take a look at the following pictures and you will understand my issue, maybe this is normal??

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Pad%20issues/DSC00591.jpg
These have been the pads that I've been using lots on my never ending Volvo and as you can see they are getting chewed up. At first I thought it was the car it's self but today I went through the paint with a magnifying glass (no joke) and the paint isn't that bad to cause this.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Pad%20issues/DSC00595.jpg
I just used the orange pad on the rear fender, by the gas tank (driver side) and when I removed it to clean it that is what I got? Checked over the paint and I couldn't see anything that could cause this?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Pad%20issues/DSC00594.jpg
Okay the blue pad is almost wasted, it's the one I use lots and it's not looking so good, the cut's are actually all the way to the plastic peace that holds both pads together? Seriously I don't know what I'm doing wrong?

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Pad%20issues/DSC00593.jpg
This one is the cut that goes all the way to the plastic peace.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q122/Nica03151979/Pad%20issues/DSC00592.jpg
This one isn't to bad, I think this is normal but just thought I'd post and see what you guys/gals would say.

Any feed back would be greatly appretiated :( :( and :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

MikeyC
02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Weird! There are no logos or trim pieces you are running the pad over? I can't imagine a pad would just rip when going over a flat painted surface.

abrcrombe
02-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Wow those look bad...
I have a little of that on my edge pads, but it was all my fault. I jacked them up when they hit badges... you learn quickly when you make mistakes like I do. :)

I hope you find out why YOURS are like that, I don't think badges like mine... so good luck!

Surfer
02-20-2007, 12:09 AM
How much pressure are you using, could be stress tears? Looks more like they caught something though. I've had my Edge pads for a year and with 6 vehicles, don't have any tears. mY 4" orange does but that was b/c I hit my V8 emblem:o

ltoman
02-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Aren't they no longer usable like that? I mean wouldn't the tears induce scratching?

Jimmie
02-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Aren't they no longer usable like that? I mean wouldn't the tears induce scratching?

Yah, I'd like to know also Lauren. Anyway Nica, Two of my Edge pads look identical, a blue and a white pad.

ltoman
02-20-2007, 12:26 AM
Yah, I'd like to know also Lauren. Anyway Nica, Two of my Edge pads look identical, a blue and a white pad.

I would think it would be bad for the paint. ??? Anyone here know?

abrcrombe
02-20-2007, 12:41 AM
LOL, surfer I ripped mine on a v8 emblem as well. ;) I don't think it is bad for the paint, unless something got trapped in there, came out and totally messed it up. If you clean your pads thoroughly it shouldn't be a problem, because it happens even without rips. Ask me how i know.

sparkie
02-20-2007, 05:45 AM
Wow those look bad...
I have a little of that on my edge pads, but it was all my fault. I jacked them up when they hit badges... you learn quickly when you make mistakes like I do. :)

I hope you find out why YOURS are like that, I don't think badges like mine... so good luck!
Done the same thing on a badge with my green pad.
Nica, I don't think your pads will hurt the paint.

dengood1
02-20-2007, 05:55 AM
nah, that shouldn't hurt anything......the holes will just hold some product for you!!;)

Gary Sword
02-20-2007, 07:10 AM
Nica, your hard on your pads. I have never pads rip like that unless I caught them on something like the other forum members have said. I have never used the Edge pads but the get a lot of good reviews on the forum. Ask Edge about them and see what they have to say.

justin_murphy
02-20-2007, 07:39 AM
The ripping will not induce scratching. Ripping is just part of a pads life. I've actually destroyed one on the first day. Got it caught on a headlight nipple and just tore it to hell. Then again, I have a few EDGE pads that I've used over 6 months now. There are some nicks and tears but still work fine. Foam is foam. Just like my ShMitt. Lots of nicks but I keep using it.

Make sure Aaron know about this and let him look at the pics. He might even want them back to inspect them. If there is a problem, he wants to fix it globally.

Nica
02-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Thank you for the feed back guys and gals, I remember that the green pad barely caught and edge on the Volvo logo but it wasn’t that bad....so after that I was really careful and I taped everything up just to be on the safe side too. Not that taping would stop the pads from getting damage but I just thought it might help. The blue pad I didn't even bring close to any emblems or anything that had edges just nice flat surfaces...weird I think Surfer may be on to something though. I could be applying to much pressure, I apply the same amount of pressure regardless of the pad but perhaps I should ease off on the blue or white pads. I haven't used my white pad just yet but I really like the blue one, it's very versatile.

Speaking of pressure, would to much pressure cause the pads to break? I didn’t think it would be pressure but how knows.

Well like I said thank you for the feed back and I'll just keep using them.

Nica
02-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Make sure Aaron know about this and let him look at the pics. He might even want them back to inspect them. If there is a problem, he wants to fix it globally.

um....how do I get in touch with Aaron? :o :o

Al-53
02-20-2007, 10:37 AM
um....how do I get in touch with Aaron? :o :o

Phone
1 (800) 315-EDGE (3343)
TOLL FREE nationwide US!
9 am - 5 pm EST
1 (610) 583-4883

Email
customerservice@dedicationtodetail.com

ask for Aaron..