PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars Ultimate Black Streaking?

NoleFan
11-22-2011, 07:50 PM
Ok guys and gals. I applied some Ultimate Black to my wife's bumpers almost 2 weeks ago. The front now looks like this:

http://i40.tinypic.com/20f6y5z.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/xpx8pk.jpg

I cleaned the bumpers with APC+ first. Is this common for this product? Did I skip a step maybe? Or is it just wearing off and needs more applied?

I can post this over at Meguiars if needed, but I feel I get more substance here. :autowash:

DJ Richard
11-22-2011, 07:56 PM
i use ultimate protectant, which is the same product just a different name, and it does the same thing after a week or two. its a good product but it just doesnt last that long. luckily i dont have that much trim on my car so i dont mind reapplying every other week.

NoleFan
11-22-2011, 08:03 PM
i use ultimate protectant, which is the same product just a different name, and it does the same thing after a week or two. its a good product but it just doesnt last that long. luckily i dont have that much trim on my car so i dont mind reapplying every other week.

Ok, makes me feel better to know this is normal. I have no problem re-applying, just wanted to make sure it wasn't a step I was messing up. :dblthumb2:

Dr Oldz
11-22-2011, 08:12 PM
If you buff off after you apply with a MF, the running will not be nearly as bad. Also apply in thin coats to help reduce this problem. It is a very good product but will run no matter how well you apply it. If you are looking for a trim product that doesn't run at all, try Ultima Tire and Trim Guard.

Rsurfer
11-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Get Ultima Tire and Trim Guard and it won't streak and will last you months and not days.

NoleFan
11-22-2011, 08:14 PM
If you buff off after you apply with a MF, the running will not be nearly as bad. Also apply in thin coats to help reduce this problem. It is a very good product but will run no matter how well you apply it. If you are looking for a trim product that doesn't run at all, try Ultima Tire and Trim Guard.

I will def give that a try. Just using a "cheap" version at the moment. And it is very possible that I put on too thick.

Should I clean off the old before re-applying?

Dr Oldz
11-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Should I clean off the old before re-applying?

Yes definately.