PDA

View Full Version : Edge 2000 pads

Rsurfer
02-19-2007, 06:57 PM
Just used the foam pad conditioning brush on my edge pads. The green and blue pads came out great, however, when I brushed the white pad, it started to shred the foam. I did not use the pc, but did it by hand. Pads were dry before I started to brush. Maybe you shouldn't brush the white pad cause it's to soft??? Wish ag or edge would have said something. The brush is advertised on edge web page. Any comments from the forum.

Nica
02-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Interesting how you had problem with your pads too, I to seem to be experiencing some problems with mine but I'm not sure if it's normal or it it's just me miss treating them. So I too posted.

Hope others chime in to help just wanted to post and to be kept informed...that's all.

MikeyC
02-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Just used the foam pad conditioning brush on my edge pads. The green and blue pads came out great, however, when I brushed the white pad, it started to shred the foam. I did not use the pc, but did it by hand. Pads were dry before I started to brush. Maybe you shouldn't brush the white pad cause it's to soft??? Wish ag or edge would have said something. The brush is advertised on edge web page. Any comments from the forum.

I had that happen once with a white Lake Country pad which is nowhere near as soft as a white Edge pad. Ever since then I've not used the brush. If the pad gets crusty I just flip it over. After I'm done I clean the pads with some XMT Pad Cleaner so no brush necessary.

Jimmie
02-20-2007, 12:34 AM
I just posted on Nica's thread. My white Edge pad started pitting and shredding. No brush was used. Same thing happened to the blue pad but not as bad. The firmer pads are OK.

Driven Auto Detail
02-20-2007, 08:04 AM
With Edge's reputation for great customer service, it might not be a bad idea to contact them directly.

Rsurfer
02-20-2007, 05:57 PM
I did contact aaron at edge and he said that all pads should be brushed using the pc. He even sent me a link showing this. However, ag link shows a photo of cleaning a white pad in a bucket using the brush. One say's don't and the other says it's ok. I guess to be safe you should clean by hand and don't use the brush. I have no problems with the other pads. There are tiny tears in the foam. This might trap debris, so i'm throwing it in the trash. Ashame since I only used it twice. I will use the good side first. lol

BILL
02-20-2007, 08:27 PM
I did contact aaron at edge and he said that all pads should be brushed using the pc. He even sent me a link showing this. However, ag link shows a photo of cleaning a white pad in a bucket using the brush. One say's don't and the other says it's ok. I guess to be safe you should clean by hand and don't use the brush. I have no problems with the other pads. There are tiny tears in the foam. This might trap debris, so i'm throwing it in the trash. Ashame since I only used it twice. I will use the good side first. lol

i just soak and hand agitate.......no brushs:)

Nica
02-20-2007, 11:14 PM

What throwing them away...oh...your gong to use the other side ;) I was going to say send them my way I'll use those baby's up hahahaha.

I always spray the XMT pad cleaner and then use a tooth brush to brush some stuff off. Has not given me any problems yet.