PDA

View Full Version : Griots HD Wheel vs. Megs Wheel Brightener

courtdale
11-21-2011, 09:11 PM
OK, about out of my current wheel cleaner and a purchase is around the corner. These two products are front runners in the wheel care category from what I have read over the past few months.

Question is, do both do the same thing or is one better suited for a certain job?? I know Megs is strong, but gets rave reviews for dealing with the worst of the worst in serious wheel grime. But I have also read many great reviews on the Griot's HD for overall use?

Help me decide, and if there is a product that beats the both of these that I have overlooked let me know. Again, I am dealing with BMW brake dust and care of painted/cc rims if that matters.

Feed back please

toycar18
11-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Adding a wheel brush will also help.

I like the Griots myself.

I have had really good luck with DP wheel kit. The cleaner works great and the wax keeps the wheel clean. When I go to clean the brake dust I just wipe with MF. No cleaner needed yet. The wax has been on my wheels for almost a full month now and has held up great. I highly recommend!!

DP Wheel Special combines some of our best wheel maintenance products. (http://www.autogeek.net/dpspwhkit.html)

Rsurfer
11-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Meg's WB is an acid making it much stronger than Griots. If you seal your wheels, all you will need is soap, water and a brush to clean.

Munich77
11-21-2011, 09:50 PM
I have both and by far Wheel Brightener works better on my BMW wheels. Having said that it is nasty stuff that I don't like to use unless really necessary. I am considering getting the Iron X-paste. For my rear wheels I just use diluted Optimum Power Clean without a problem.

LuxuryMobile
11-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Meg's WB is stronger but can be diluted however you like of course.

I would be more than happy to send you a sample that could fill a 32 oz spray bottle diluted at about 6-8 parts water and one part WB.

If your looking for a wheel cleaner for regular washes on your personal ride, I dont think Meg WB should be necessary.

5.4 Shelby
11-21-2011, 10:15 PM
Dont overlook the regular Griots wheel cleaner. Mild, but, effective. I use it with a lambs wool 3 finger mit. Easy to use and they look great when done. I dont feel like I am harming my wheels either.

courtdale
11-22-2011, 01:02 PM
OK, from the above, since I have Iron-X, Meg's Brightener would probably be redundant. Griot's sounds like the best bet for maintenance to a slightly stubborn job.

Munich77
11-22-2011, 10:31 PM
OK, from the above, since I have Iron-X, Meg's Brightener would probably be redundant. Griot's sounds like the best bet for maintenance to a slightly stubborn job.

That is how I would use it. I just bought the bottle and not the gallon to see if I like Griot's HD and for regular washes I love it. As an added benefit a little application of it on my tail pipe makes it look nice and clean. Another option to take a look into would be the BMW Wheel Cleaner - I think it is made by Sonax. It is a good everyday cleaner.