PDA

View Full Version : What next????

SOREBACK
11-21-2011, 12:49 AM
I have a Lava Red 2012 Mustang GT which is a fancy way of saying black cherry pearl. It looks black 90% of the time but under certain lighting you can see the red and metallic. So with that being said, I started off WASH, CLAY, M205,MEGS #7 GLAZE, then BlackFire Diamond Sealant. It looks amazing. So my questions are:

Will it help or make a difference if I do more coats of the sealant?
Any better the longer you let it dry on the car before removing it?
Does the sealant need to cure before applying the wax coat?
I want to put the BlackFire Midnight Sun wax over the sealant. How many coats of that should I do?

I'm very impressed with the BlackFire Sealant. Made a HUGE difference in appearence.

THANKS!!!

slickooz
11-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Welcome to AGO!!

1. More coats of sealant can give it a darker/wetter looks. And longer protection.
2. Once you clear the swipe test, its good to remove.
3. Best case is to let the sealant/wax cure for 12 hours before applying another coat.
4. This is AG so put as many layers as you want, but usually people stop after 3 coats.

Setec Astronomy
11-21-2011, 08:30 AM
I'm not that familiar with the Blackfire sealant, but some sealants won't like to bond to the oily surface that #7 leaves behind. You might want to skip the glaze or use something like Poorboy's Black Hole. Heck, Blackfire is coming out with a bunch of new products, maybe one of them is a sealant-compatible glaze.

EDIT: Oh, it looks like they already have something: http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/products-guides/39077-carnuba-based-products-before-use-bfwd.html

alko
11-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Welcome to the forum. This is the second post today mentioning BFWD sealant. I'm gonna have to get some of that stuff. You really need to post pics of your ride. I bet it looks sweet!