PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Tire&Trim Guard question

master_photog
11-20-2011, 07:15 PM
One of the bullet points on the front of the UTTG bottle says it will last for months, not days or weeks.

I'd like to use the UTTG on the boat trailer wheels now that it's up for the winter, but would I be doing myself a disservice by wasting product if it only lasts for months?

Does ULTIMA mention months because:

The product breaks down over time (even if it's not being exposed to the elements)

OR

ULTIMA assumes the product will be exposed soon after it's applied and over the course of a few months, the product will need applied again

http://www.cs2photography.com/ultima.JPG

Rsurfer
11-20-2011, 07:21 PM
UTTG is a great product and will probably last for months in storage, but don't expect this during the summer when you use it a lot.

Setec Astronomy
11-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Does ULTIMA mention months because:

The answer is this one:

ULTIMA assumes the product will be exposed soon after it's applied and over the course of a few months, the product will need applied again

toycar18
11-20-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm sure it will last longer not being exposed to the elements.

shoeless89
11-20-2011, 10:19 PM
Yeah, I agree it should last longer not exposed to the elements. It should just evaporate off if its sitting in storage.

GTPpilot
11-24-2011, 03:55 PM
I've found that it lasts for months on trim on my daily drivers. Amazing stuff. Wheels might be a different story, but in storage it will be fine.