PDA

View Full Version : Your Personal Road Trip Kit

Pages : [1] 2 3

Jaddie
11-20-2011, 06:49 PM
Dear Friends

What do y'all carry with you, if anything, for detailing your own vehicles when you're on the road?

Take a family vacation as an example. You're going to be away three to seven days. Do you pack some detailing supplies? If so, which ones? What do you use to carry these supplies?

mjlinane
11-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Pretty much just UWW+ and some MF (for bugs and bird bombs).

RTexasF
11-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Poorboy's Bug Squash, glass cleaner, MF towels, quarters for car wash, gas card.

Jaddie
11-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Dear Michael & Rick

Thanks for responding. What do you use to store these items in your vehicles? I splurged on one of those Kwazar spray bottles and love it, but it looks like it might leak if turned over and if it had some weight on top of it. So if you're using those or lesser sprayers, it seems like something water-resistant might be a good idea.

tw33k2514
11-20-2011, 07:10 PM
I just carry a bottle of Meg's QD spray, and some microfibers.

rider9195
11-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Dear Michael & Rick

Thanks for responding. What do you use to store these items in your vehicles? I splurged on one of those Kwazar spray bottles and love it, but it looks like it might leak if turned over and if it had some weight on top of it. So if you're using those or lesser sprayers, it seems like something water-resistant might be a good idea.

Autogeek Tote Bag.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/23392-how-build-your-own-emergency-car-care-kit.html

Jaddie
11-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Dear Ben & Ryan

Thanks for responding.

Thanks for the link, Ryan.

mjlinane
11-20-2011, 07:14 PM
I use HD sprayers. Have a screw-on top that fits. Put the sprayer in when I need to use it.

mark58
11-20-2011, 07:16 PM
How about this?

Jaddie
11-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Dear Michael & Mark

Thanks for responding.

Mark, that seems a little heavy on product to my inexperienced eyes. By the time you add microfibers to that kit, it seems that your kit would be a little large.

Jaddie
11-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Dear Ryan

Autogeek Tote Bag.

The Griot's bag (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-water-resistant-bag.html) is larger and less expensive, but since I have no experience with either this bag or the Autogeek cooler tote, I don't know which one might be the better carrier for on-the-go detailing.

rider9195
11-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Dear Ryan

The Griot's bag (http://www.autogeek.net/griots-water-resistant-bag.html) is larger and less expensive, but since I have no experience with either this bag or the Autogeek cooler tote, I don't know which one might be the better carrier for on-the-go detailing.

It depends how much space you have in your vehicle to place either one of these bags. With the Griot's you will be able to fit more items into the bad unlike the AG Tote Bag. I never knew Griot's had a bag like this. But it seems like it is a better buy than the Autogeek one.

ShinyRex
11-20-2011, 07:48 PM
Here is mine
http://i881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/edwardo1/cool/CarKit1.jpg
QD
Bug Squash
Spray Wax
Window Cleaner
APC 10:1
Carpet Cleaner

2 Micro fibers, an interior towel and a ww window towel

mark58
11-20-2011, 07:51 PM
Dear Michael & Mark

Thanks for responding.

Mark, that seems a little heavy on product to my inexperienced eyes. By the time you add microfibers to that kit, it seems that your kit would be a little large.
Check it out around Christmas time at Walmart and different Megs kit Target. I will be going to LA (lower Alamaba) Florida border Jan 13 but will pick up my kit down there.

FUNX650
11-20-2011, 07:54 PM
It depends how much space you have in your vehicle to place either one of these bags. With the Griot's you will be able to fit more items into the bad unlike the AG Tote Bag. I never knew Griot's had a bag like this. But it seems like it is a better buy than the Autogeek one.

Good point!

Bags: Griot's, Wolfgang, AutoGeek, etc., are quite similar :)

OK, Jaddie....How much room do you have; that is, what vehicle do you use for vacations, etc. Thanks. (I've got a couple of extra car-care-products "totes" laying around that just might foot the bill)

:)

Bob