PDA

View Full Version : Found my new suv

Pages : [1] 2 3

Surfer
02-19-2007, 04:03 PM
2008 Mercedes-Benz GL420 Bluetec diesel - Latest News, Auto Show Coverage, and Future Cars - Automobile Magazine (http://www.automobilemag.com/new_and_future_cars/2008/0701_2008_mercedes_benz_gl420_bluetec/)

I think it's already out in Europe as I know people have taken delivery. If this comes to the U.S. I'm getting one. For years I've been asking for a mid-large size suv with a diesel. And the big 3 have let me down, what really sucks is in other markets they offer different engines, even the Ford Ranger has a diesel option in South America. Otherwise an Excursion would be my only choice but don't need something that large and need something a little more "comfy" if I'm with clients as down here people can just be prissy like that lol.

If GM had the Duramax in the new Tahoe or Suburban I'd be all over it. I love diesels, but can't have a pickup in my community, and my other two properties I rent out I can't either in case I were to move into one.

Diesels are perfect so effortless, the torque, the gas mileage, and Benz new Bluetec versions drive like gas engines. Old neighbor used to have a Powerstroke Excursion that ran high 12's, you wanna talk about bone crushing torque, I've been in cars way quicker then that truck that didn't crush you to the seat like it did, and he got 23-24 mpg on the highway in a 7K lb truck with that power. Good buddy of mine has a bad ass Cummins Ram, can go from Kentucky to the border of GA, fill up, and then make it all the way down to South FL, my truck can do that as well....just with a lot more fuel stops lol. And he was lifted in 35's, was so fun smoking cars (his was a 6 speed manual as well), they'd look over like "how the hell did that truck just whup me" lol. He ordered the new GMC 3500 HD model, interior is nice straight outta the new Suburban, should be a nice truck.

Kelso
02-19-2007, 04:26 PM
i dont mess around with diesals, they dont surprise me when they fly past.they are serious. not a big fan of mercedes but i guess it looks alright

Surfer
02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
i dont mess around with diesals, they dont surprise me when they fly past.they are serious. not a big fan of mercedes but i guess it looks alrightYeh looks are so-so, I'm liking the GL style more and more though, didn't at first. I usually drive a lot or are on trips, so I want something that's larger and can tow well and not have to stop for gas constantly lol. I don't care about gas mileage but it's nice that diesels are so much better in trucks, it's nice going 600+ miles w/o filling up, and nice being effortless when full loaded and towing.

I wish GM offered the Duramax in their suv's but they don't, big mistake IME. A Tahoe or Yukon w/ the Duramax and Allison trans would be awsome. Heck there are companies like Predator who are doing these swaps as well as into H2's, now if GM would just do it themselves.

Gary Sword
02-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Surfer, I thought you would be getting the new 600 HP Viper when it comes out.

Surfer
02-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Surfer, I thought you would be getting the new 600 HP Viper when it comes out.I wanna pick up an 01/02 GTS by this summer, almost had one last year in Sapphire Blue but when checked it had been in an accident even though showed clear title, I'm leary of FL cars to easy to get a washed title here. Would have earlier but between cash going back to business and buying another property, kinda strapped:p. Its so tempting for me to buy another car or two, but luckily I have just a tad will power to keep investing and re-investing. Love my truck, but am getting really board not having something with stick lol, I can always borrow family members cars if I have to. I almost took over my cousins CTS-V lease but he decided to keep it.

I just want a diesel suv and sports car right now, that's it, all bases covered :D . I just wished GM offered the Duramax in the Tahoe :(

edit - I had the same thing happen with an 01' e39 M5, be cautious of FL vehicles.

P1et
02-19-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't think I'll be buying another petrol vehicle anytime soon. Why mess with it when you can buy a quick diesel with and enjoy 40 mpg at the same time? It doesn't make sense!

PS: this morning, I was rather in a hurry and I took off from a stoplight and just layed on it. I couldn't believe the amount of smoked produced by mixing an overabundance of fuel with low boost pressure. It was a beautiful sight that sent a tear running down my cheecks!!! I was so proud of the little Cummins...

ltoman
02-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Well Surfer, it sure looks good, at least imho!!
I am sure there will be plenty of single, young, hot girls who will agree!!!

Kelso
02-19-2007, 06:51 PM
m5...do it...do it

alban61
02-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Would love a diesel too, but I heard they were expensive to maintain? Are they still finicky in cold weather?

abrcrombe
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Mercedes Reliability FTL!!

ryandamartini
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
F250 SD ftw man. Screw the benz, a 12 second f250 is awesome! :D

sparkie
02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
I heard some talk about a duel turbo V6 Diesel in the Expedition, but just talk. The wife and I was looking a the new Edge SUV.
http://us.autos1.yimg.com/img.autos.yahoo.com/aic/ford_edge_selplusawd_2007_440x220.jpg?EDGE02

I don't have the money like you Surfer for a Mercedes, you will find out when you get a wife.lol
That Mercedes is very sweet. Go for it!

Russecu
02-19-2007, 07:31 PM
I am going to go check out the Jeep Cherokee with the diesel as soon as they come out. But i wish it had the same motor as the Mercedes. I think the new 6.7L Cummins is going to be sweet. Just hope it can be easy to mod since it has alot of cumputer controled stuff.

sparkie
02-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I am going to go check out the Jeep Cherokee with the diesel as soon as they come out. But i wish it had the same motor as the Mercedes. I think the new 6.7L Cummins is going to be sweet. Just hope it can be easy to mod since it has alot of cumputer controled stuff.

Man, I forgot about that. I seen that on TV with Dr.Z. That Jeep is awesome.

Meghan
02-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Surfer I though we agreed!! ;)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/995.jpg