PDA

View Full Version : AG Chinchilla MF Towel

Pages : [1] 2

Pats300zx
11-19-2011, 05:20 PM
I finally got my hands on the new AG Chinchilla Micro fiber towel. I must say that this is probably one of the softest micro fibers towels I have seen . It definitely rivals the old shamrock towels without the linting issues.

Here is my quick review of the towel. I tried to do a comparison to some of the other AG micro fiber towels that I currently have.

Product: Autogeek Micro Fiber Chinchilla Towel
Size: 16 x 16
Cost: $7.99

Product Description:

The Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth is ideal for wiping down your vehicle's paint because the deep pile allows dirt to gather between the long microfiber threads, rather than being rubbed against the paint. Lubrication with a quick detailer or waterless wash enables the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth to glide over the paint, grabbing every speck of dust. The long, silky fibers buff away fingerprints and smudges, too. Used dry, the Chinchilla Microfiber Buffing Cloth is excellent for dusting interior surfaces. Microfiber has a knack for grabbing dust and lint. This 16 x 16 inch towel is handy for wiping down the dashboard and instrument panels.

Since most of my cars are already tucked away for winter I pulled the cover off of my 350Z to give the towel a try.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Photo_Nov_19_4_57_05_PM.jpg

Here is a comparison to the original Shamrock Towel.

Here is a comparison shot to some of the other AG towels I already had. Green Shamrock, Cobra 530, rolled edge blue Micro Fiber.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Photo_Nov_19_4_58_24_PM.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Photo_Nov_19_4_59_08_PM.jpg

Close up comparison to the rolled edge Micro Fiber.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/Photo_Nov_19_5_01_16_PM.jpg

Money shot !!!

My thoughts:

The towel is super plush and I love it. I think it makes an incredible final buffing towel. One thing I did notice is that it tends to absorb a lot of product so I think I may like a shorter nap micro fiber for QDing. However for that final buff after applying your QD...It's a winner....

I am in love with the Chinchilla Im the MAN

CEE DOG
11-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Awesome review Pat!! Well, after Nick, Mark, Jim, and Jim and now you are telling me it's good I am getting excited about this one! Guess what I'm asking for on the next bogo. :)

Nick McKees37
11-19-2011, 05:54 PM
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Pat! It looks like your garage is the ultimate Man-Cave. When I take a trip across country once I get my new car, I'll stop by and say hello, maybe even convince you to let me take the 300ZX for a spin.

:cruisin:

Wendell Jarvis
11-19-2011, 05:56 PM
I bought a few of these, havent used them just yet, but they seem to be promising....Pat, is that the original Shamrock? Mine do not have the Red Trim.....Mine still shed to this day after probably 10 washings.......arrrhhhhh

Pats300zx
11-19-2011, 06:30 PM
I bought a few of these, havent used them just yet, but they seem to be promising....Pat, is that the original Shamrock? Mine do not have the Red Trim.....Mine still shed to this day after probably 10 washings.......arrrhhhhh

I am pretty sure they are an original Shamrock. They are pretty old and I don't use them that much anymore due to the linting issues. I remember using them on my black 350z at a car show. They linted horribly.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-19-2011, 06:51 PM
Beautiful garage you have their Pat! Could we see more of it?

WRAPT C5Z06
11-19-2011, 06:55 PM
The towel is super plush and I love it. I think it makes an incredible final buffing towel. One thing I did notice is that it tends to absorb a lot of product so I think I may like a shorter nap micro fiber for QDing. However for that final buff after applying your QD...It's a winner....

I am in love with the Chinchilla Im the MAN
I think you hit the nail on the head!

It's just too thick/plush for QD'ing. The fibers kinda drag across the paint. However, for any type of final buff(interior or exterior), they're awesome!! So soft!!

Great review, Pat!!! :props:

On a side note, damn your paint looks good!!!

Flash Gordon
11-19-2011, 07:02 PM
Nice review Pat! I'll be adding a few of these to my next order 4 sure :props:

Beautiful garage you have their Pat! Could we see more of it?

+1 ^

Pat's garage is incredibly clean! It's like an operating room for detailers :buffing:

CEE DOG
11-19-2011, 07:06 PM
Yeah!!! More of the garage and more of the beauty Z too!!! :hungry:

Boozman
11-19-2011, 07:19 PM
I just got mine, they are great for removing dust after a quick ride, but you are right on QD it loads up fast.

Scarelane
11-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Mine should be here on Monday. Looking forward to trying them out.

ShinyRex
11-19-2011, 07:29 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head!

It's just too thick/plush for QD'ing. The fibers kinda drag across the paint. However, for any type of final buff(interior or exterior), they're awesome!! So soft!!

I am using a very similar towel for waterless washes. Do you think I am causing more damage than good with the fibers dragging?

I havn't noticed any maring but the car I mostly do WW on is a silver metalic so it is hard to tell.

I may pick up one or two with the Wolfgang free shipping and try them out.

WRAPT C5Z06
11-19-2011, 09:29 PM
I am using a very similar towel for waterless washes. Do you think I am causing more damage than good with the fibers dragging?

I havn't noticed any maring but the car I mostly do WW on is a silver metalic so it is hard to tell.

I may pick up one or two with the Wolfgang free shipping and try them out.
I think you're fine with a WW because you're using a lot more liquid compared to quick detailing. These towels would be great for a rinseless wash!

tw33k2514
11-19-2011, 09:39 PM
All these great reviews are making me want one more and more. Maybe il get one for Christmas!

Flash Gordon
11-19-2011, 09:42 PM
Yeah!!! More of the garage and more of the beauty Z too!!! :hungry:

+ Chevy II :Picture: