PDA

View Full Version : Boars Hair Wash Brush - Worth the Investment?

Pages : [1] 2

qship5
11-18-2011, 10:03 PM
So I'm contemplating buying a boars hair wash brush and just want to ask the people that have used one if they are worth the investment. If so, do they wash better than a MF mitt or save you time, etc? Basically, why do you like it and use it.

TIA,

Mike

Minja
11-18-2011, 10:09 PM
I'd like to know too.

Bacon
11-18-2011, 10:30 PM
if you have you ask you can't afford it......its a status in the mind

WRAPT C5Z06
11-18-2011, 10:38 PM
No.

toycar18
11-18-2011, 10:39 PM

That is helpful advice. Thanks for acting like a third grader.

DejaVu
11-18-2011, 10:54 PM
I used a boars hair brush once, it left a dirt film that I had to go back and clean with a microfiber mitt. The layer of dirt the boars hair brush left behind was easily wiped off with a slight rub of my finger over the paint, and I did try to get it off with the brush but it wasn't possible. I don't know why people would ever buy one.

tw33k2514
11-18-2011, 11:09 PM
I wouldn't put one to my paint.

5.4 Shelby
11-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I love mine. I use the Griots Garage one. It is exclusive to my Shelby which does not get real dirty. It is soft, gentle and designed to release dirt when shaken in the water. I recommend it for show cars. Havent tried it on DDs.

D_Nyholm
11-19-2011, 01:23 PM

What is this supposed to mean?

Bobby B.
11-19-2011, 02:15 PM
I think Boars Hair Brushes are great for large vehicles (Trucks, SUV & RV). They are very soft and gentle against the paint surface. The only issue I have with them is that they're usually to big to fit into a 5 gallon wash bucket with a grit guard.

Bigpat
11-19-2011, 02:28 PM

Funny thing is usually the people with the most money are the more frugal, he could probably buy a dozen and not bat an eye but wants to make the most gor his money instead of throwing it away on useless items... thats how the rich stay rich and the broke.... well you get the idea...

5.4 Shelby
11-19-2011, 03:02 PM
What is this supposed to mean?
I take it to be a joke referring to the old high end car dealershps. They used to say if you have to ask what the gas mileage of this Mercedes is, you cant afford the car.

SonOfOC
11-19-2011, 03:17 PM
All kidding aside, the boar hair brush will not clean any better than a MF mitt nor will it save you time.

I personally use the cheaper sythetic brushes for wheels, , engine bay, and that 2-3" area just underneath the car. As they get old and stained, they become dedicated wheel wheel brushes. Then eventually demoted to garage general purpose duty before they see the garbage man on Mondays.

So I'm contemplating buying a boars hair wash brush and just want to ask the people that have used one if they are worth the investment. If so, do they wash better than a MF mitt or save you time, etc? Basically, why do you like it and use it.

TIA,

Mike

D_Nyholm
11-19-2011, 04:11 PM
I take it to be a joke referring to the old high end car dealershps. They used to say if you have to ask what the gas mileage of this Mercedes is, you cant afford the car.

Oh, I know. I was giving him the opportunity to retract the statement or think of something so he didn't look so bad... :)

Bert31
11-19-2011, 04:34 PM
I have a Montana Boars Hair Brush with the pole AG sells. I use this all winter long with ONR so my hands dont freeze in ten degree weather. It does great job and does not mar.

I bought the pole that Autogeek sells with the brush but would recommend using a different one, you should be able to find another locally pretty easily. The Autogeek one is quite expensive and very cheap quality.