PDA

View Full Version : Chamois vs. Waffle weave?

bshattuck87
11-18-2011, 08:49 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question. I need to get some advice on a drying towel. Our company does dealership lot washes. We need to know the best way to dry the car. We spray the car off with RO water and were wondering the differences between a waffle weave towel and a chamois. We need something durable and time efficient.

Thanks!

hoyt66
11-18-2011, 08:53 PM
I used to use a chamois but switched to waffle weave. The waffle weave is much lower on

the maintenance end of it and I think it does a better job. I have the green guzzler and it

does just that, GUZZLE! Its easy to wring out and washes up well.

bshattuck87
11-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Great advice! I will look into the guzzle. What is the proper way to clean it? I have seen some people spray it off every 2-3 cars. Then do you wash it in the washer at the end of the day?

toycar18
11-18-2011, 09:02 PM
If you are doing lots of cars you are gonna need a ton of waffle weave towels. Once the waffle weave towel is saturated you will need another dry one.

I would go with Chamois in your situation. You can continue to use it when wet, just ring it out. A synthetic chamois like the absorber is awesome.

DealerDetailer
11-18-2011, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a quick question. I need to get some advice on a drying towel. Our company does dealership lot washes. We need to know the best way to dry the car. We spray the car off with RO water and were wondering the differences between a waffle weave towel and a chamois. We need something durable and time efficient.

Thanks!

IMO from working at my dealership you should use a chamois - it's what I use too. I then follow the chamois quick drying with a waffle weave towel.

The mass amount of cars you might see daily will surely overwhelm any waffle weave towel, but using the waffle weave after the chamois is the winning combo Im the MAN

Ron Atchison
11-18-2011, 09:26 PM
If you are doing lots of cars you are gonna need a ton of waffle weave towels. Once the waffle weave towel is saturated you will need another dry one.

I would go with Chamois in your situation. You can continue to use it when wet, just ring it out. A synthetic chamois like the absorber is awesome.

Who told you that? Simply wring it out and keep drying. I do all three of my cars with one guzzler windows and all. After getting a WW my water sprite has never been out of the container. Most people prime their WW before they ever start drying their car.

CEE DOG
11-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Chamois can make a scratch out of the tiniest bit of grit but with dealer washes I don't think that's a concern for you.

I don't touch them myself. I use ww for stripped cars that i havent polished yet. Master blaster for polished and sealed cars but the cars your dealing with probably the master blaster wouldnt be able to move the water off them if they aren't hydrophobic.