PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean the pad with out washing it in the sink

robert1955
11-17-2011, 01:50 PM
Michael.
read all you post you sent back to me. Question. how do you clean the pad after several passes of correction on the paint. You not tell me how to do this is it in your book what page?
I would like to get the show car fiish if possible what speps do I need to follow?
Bob Geco
Black 300E Sportline factory Paint nice condition except spider webs hood to of front Fenders.

embolism
11-17-2011, 02:38 PM
maybe look under

cleaning on the fly?

or

the importance of working clean?

LegacyGT
11-17-2011, 02:50 PM
Every few sections use a nylon brush and gently 'scrub' the surface of the pad, or use a Terry towel and press it against the face of the pad while it is rotating to clean the pad.

Ron Atchison
11-17-2011, 04:28 PM
Blow it out with compressed air.

robert1955
11-18-2011, 11:13 AM
When I want to store these used DA pads do I clean them with warm water and put them in a baggie and label what product was used?
This is the toughest question I have been using Lake Country pads ask, and anyone can give me their feed back please. are there better DA pads or ( Advanced) I can purchase kind of DA pads are most preferred for polishing swirl removal and what you call in your book Jewelling the paint High clarity and brightness of the paint under the sun it looks like a fresh wet paint job?
Bob Geco
newbi

robert1955
11-18-2011, 11:15 AM
What is your opinion of pad washers I have one but never unpacked it or used it . Are they safe for Foam pads? What kind of cleaners do your recommend and what dilutions
Bob Geco Newbi

Jimmie
11-18-2011, 02:05 PM
Foam=I use terry towel + finger tip pressure while on.
Wool= I use the spur while spinning. Son-in -law, who had a detailing business, uses tip of screw driver.

barryscott
11-19-2011, 01:08 AM
What is your opinion of pad washers I have one but never unpacked it or used it . Are they safe for Foam pads? What kind of cleaners do your recommend and what dilutions
Bob Geco Newbi

Have the Grit Guard Pad Washer and for water based compounds and polishes, they are great. Usually just fill mine with water and use Pinnacle XMT Polishing Pad Cleaner, and pads come out good as new:props: