PDA

View Full Version : Weird ? About UIGP

05rsx911
11-16-2011, 03:28 PM
So we All know Ultima makes some fantastic products. I was browsing the forums the other day and saw a post about people using their car care stuff for household duties. My question is we all know UIGP is a very good protectant and i was thinking. I have a very expensive pair of boots i just bought, granted they are water proof for the most part, but i was wondering if i could put UIGP on them just to keep them looking nice i dont care how often id have to re apply. The boots have full grain leather uppers. I mean the worst that could happen is the UIGP just wouldnt bond very good right?

BMW
11-16-2011, 03:36 PM
I would think that the worst that could happen would be some wild discoloration, not poor bonding.

05rsx911
11-16-2011, 03:43 PM
ya i guess you are right, i just never considered discoloring due to the fact i use it on my leather couch's in the house, my leather in the car and carpet in the car with no problems at all

BMW
11-16-2011, 04:01 PM
Leather can react differently depending on the treatment imparted by the manufacturer. Full grain leather is typically aniline or semi-aniline and they will react differently to products being applied to them. Your leather couch for example could be either aniline or semi-aniline.

richy
11-16-2011, 05:20 PM
I've put UTTG on my running shoes for my outside pair and UIGP on my better pair. No issues with either product on them.