PDA

View Full Version : Microfiber and Pad detergent

Pages : [1] 2 3

Kitoy22
11-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Wasup Guys, Just want to know from you guys if you use dedicated MF detergents and if yes what can you recommend? Thanks!

mjlinane
11-16-2011, 08:00 AM
I like Micro-Restore for stronger cleaning and Pinnacle or DP for general cleaning (leaves them a bit softer).

Porsche Pilot
11-16-2011, 08:03 AM
I have tried them but didn't see any magical results for the cost. I use no dye/fragrance detergent and add vinegar. The vinegar removes the hard water I have here in Florida. Seems to work pretty good and is very affordable.

CEE DOG
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I've tried Pinnacle, DP, and micro restore.

Pinnacle was my favorite but not by a large enough margin for me to care. Calculate the cost of each per wash and take the cheapest of the three. Don't forget to calculate the fact that some need more than others per wash.

I went through a gallon of DP and am currently in my gallon of MR. After this I think I might try what Porsche Pilot, Dark Horse, and others do.

mjlinane
11-16-2011, 08:09 AM
I do think, to get the near-magical results they show, you need to presoak in detergent for a couple of days - starting from the minute you are done with the MF.

Had some white MF gloves my buddy used to clean BMW wheels (only the gloves, no other MF - with waterless). Threw them in my soak bucket and washed with Micro-Restore. Came out almost new looking.

Kitoy22
11-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Thanks Guys! Keep them coming, how about dish washing liquids, can it do the job without harming our precious MF's?

Bigpat
11-16-2011, 08:26 AM
I use woolite or similar, let them soak in bucket of warm water for a while then drain...dump sopping wet towels in machine another cap of woolite and wash.... cost about 1.50 a load for detergent, i will be trying a MF restore in a few more washes

mjlinane
11-16-2011, 08:37 AM
If you have totally trashed a MF, scrub with Dawn Direct Foam and rinse with warm water before throwing in the soak bucket. Does a number on nasty, greasy crud. Does not get out all stains (I haven't found anything that does).

Setec Astronomy
11-16-2011, 09:32 AM
I use Charlie's liquid laundry soap, but I generally do a pre-soak in Snappy Clean or the DP pad cleaner to break up the LSP's, polishes, and dressings.

Jimmie
11-16-2011, 11:06 AM
Different for each.
MF's=Micro-Restore
Pads=XMT Cleaner

Italian Iron
11-16-2011, 12:52 PM
I have tried them but didn't see any magical results for the cost. I use no dye/fragrance detergent and add vinegar. The vinegar removes the hard water I have here in Florida. Seems to work pretty good and is very affordable.

:iagree:
I use anything without dye, fragrance and softeners as well.. The vinegar in the wash and rinse cycle also helps clean and soften..

shoeless89
11-16-2011, 03:07 PM
I use Micro-Retore

JRivers
11-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I use what ever laundry detergent I have on hand and it works fine...I just make sure it does not have softeners.
I do add some backing soda or oxiclean some times

jfelbab
11-16-2011, 04:58 PM
I use Tide HE in the front loader with a half cup of white vinegar for the rinse. Works as well as any specialty cleaner I've tried.

RTexasF
11-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I use Charlie's liquid laundry soap, but I generally do a pre-soak in Snappy Clean or the DP pad cleaner to break up the LSP's, polishes, and dressings.

Same here but the presoak (if needed) is in Oxyclean & water. That's both for pads and towels but soaked and washed separately.