PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on pet hair removal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Billand
11-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Does anyone have any tips tricks or a cool tool for pet hair removal from cloth seats or a interior protectant that help the hair not stick.

My current process is to vacuum as much as I can use a interior brush to loosen the remaining hair vacuum again tape roller and some times twease the remaining hair out.

tw33k2514
11-15-2011, 09:17 PM
I use a rock called a pet fur remover rock... Works amazing, but for the life of me I cannot remember where I found it.

embolism
11-15-2011, 09:28 PM
wear some rubber gloves

Porsche Pilot
11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
+1 on the pet stone. You can pick one up from Renny Doyle's site.

LuxuryMobile
11-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Patience is a tool that should also be used!

Jimmie
11-15-2011, 09:56 PM
Light mist with a 20:1 dilution of fabric softener to release the static electricity then wipe with a rubber glove hand into a pile.

DARK HORSE
11-15-2011, 10:09 PM
A pumice stone (found in the cleaning supply section at Walmart) works miracles. Carefully wipe it lightly across the upholstery, also works great on carpet!

fredcandetail
11-15-2011, 10:20 PM
Pumice stone ftw!

2old2change
11-15-2011, 10:42 PM
A pumice stone (found in the cleaning supply section at Walmart) works miracles. Carefully wipe it lightly across the upholstery, also works great on carpet!

:iagree:I use the Wal-Mart stone on carpet but found a nice one in the foot care section and rubber dish gloves on cloth seats also works great.

Billand
11-15-2011, 10:56 PM
Thanks for all the great help guys

Kristopher1129
11-15-2011, 11:23 PM
I usually fall to the ground, kick and scream till one of my guys does it for me. Works great! :dblthumb2: lol

tw33k2514
11-15-2011, 11:29 PM
I usually fall to the ground, kick and scream till one of my guys does it for me. Works great! :dblthumb2: lol

Probably the best method of them all. If you don't like falling and Screaming try an intense bathroom break.

BobbyG
11-16-2011, 07:18 AM
I've been using duct tape inside out then padding it until it's gone..... Hmmmm, I'll have to give some of these ideas a try. :props:

BillE
11-16-2011, 07:54 AM
Wrap your hand with masking tape (sticky side out)...pat-pat-pat.

Bill

Hoytman
11-16-2011, 08:50 AM
I've been using duct tape inside out then padding it until it's gone..... Hmmmm, I'll have to give some of these ideas a try. :props:

Wrap your hand with masking tape (sticky side out)...pat-pat-pat.

Bill

Gentleman,
Perhaps you may already know, but they make a tape roller especially for pet hair. It can usually be found in the pet department or the checkout lines out wally world, Lowe's, Home Depot, and Menard's. You'll get quite a bit of lint on the tape as well, which I'm sure you're already aware of. The roller works flawless for hair that's on the surface, as does tape wrapped around your hand. The good rollers are a bit more sticky than the cheapo's. I'm not sure, but I think my good one is made by 3M. Still not as strong of stick as duck tape though. It's just easier to use the roller and it's easy to rip sheets off when you need a new one.

However, from my experience the roller or tape around the hand doesn't pull out embedded hairs very well (have to try duck tape). This may be where the stone excells, in removing the stubborn embedded hairs that dig deep into the fabric. I can't say for sure if it works or not as I've never had a chance to use one, but I hear they're the bomb for removing hair.

I wasn't aware the stones could be found at wally world. How big are the one's found there? I do know that some are sold (though they're small) at sporting goods stores under the name Burrs-Off and are used for burr removal. I used on of those once and found it to be harsh on fabrics, so you'd just have to use some commone sense in using them.