PDA

View Full Version : What To Do...

alko
11-15-2011, 07:06 PM
So I wanted to detail my fiance's 2010 Lexus RX350 this weekend. The paint does not need any paint correction...so what should I do? I was going to ONR and then clay the car. Then I was going to apply some paint sealant and then machine apply some Collinite 915.

What are some suggestions?

toycar18
11-15-2011, 07:20 PM
That would be fine but I would use something to remove any wax/sealant the car may have on it now.

Some thing like this would work Wolfgang Pre-Wax Polish Enhancer is absolutely fabulous for producing that elusive, show-ready wet-shine look. This polish actually enhances and (http://www.autogeek.net/wg2000.html)

or go with a spray and wipe product.

alko
11-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Thank you for your response. Its never been polished or wax...yes I know shame on me :(

tw33k2514
11-15-2011, 07:31 PM
Your plan sounds pretty good. Only thng I could suggest is maybe a light paint cleaner after the clay.

alko
11-15-2011, 07:35 PM
Your plan sounds pretty good. Only thng I could suggest is maybe a light paint cleaner after the clay.

I have some Poli Seal...I may just do that and then some Collinite 915.

rider9195
11-15-2011, 07:48 PM
I was going to suggest a paint cleaner as well. Personally I like using WG PPE. But since you only have Poli Seal that should do.

alko
11-15-2011, 07:50 PM
I was going to suggest a paint cleaner as well. Personally I like using WG PPE. But since you only have Poli Seal that should do.

I need to look into some paint cleaner. I'm about the check out the WG PPE.

rider9195
11-15-2011, 07:53 PM
I need to look into some paint cleaner. I'm about the check out the WG PPE.

The only down side I see to it, is if you use too much product or don't work the product in enough it streaks when you wipe it off and you just have to go back over it with a clean MF. Not that big of a deal. It does have some filling properties and sometimes the lightest cut on softer paints.

Bacon
11-15-2011, 07:56 PM
So I wanted to detail my fiance's 2010 Lexus RX350 this weekend. The paint does not need any paint correction...so what should I do? I was going to ONR and then clay the car. Then I was going to apply some paint sealant and then machine apply some Collinite 915.

What are some suggestions?

I like your simplified approach to shine and protection. I have used the Opti-Seal--->Optimum Spray Wax with great success. It also meets my criteria of time efficiency & great results.

Dont forget your tire dressings!

Nick McKees37
11-15-2011, 08:04 PM
If you still have some Wolfgang Finishing Glaze left, use it with a finishing pad to lightly polish the paint and then go to your wax/sealant combo. :dblthumb2:

Flannigan
11-15-2011, 08:05 PM
If the car needs to be clayed, I would at least use a paint cleaner after it. Also 915 should be more than enough protection. That is a very durable wax, and should last just as long as a sealant. I'd do two coats of that instead of a sealant then a wax. just my .02

alko
11-15-2011, 08:25 PM
The only down side I see to it, is if you use too much product or don't work the product in enough it streaks when you wipe it off and you just have to go back over it with a clean MF. Not that big of a deal. It does have some filling properties and sometimes the lightest cut on softer paints.

I can dig it because the WG FG does the same thing. I still have a few streaks from when I polished my car.

I like your simplified approach to shine and protection. I have used the Opti-Seal--->Optimum Spray Wax with great success. It also meets my criteria of time efficiency & great results.

Dont forget your tire dressings!
Thanks Bacon! Hope you're having a good week. I don't know too much about spray waxes. I don't think I could trust the durability. Is it really that good?

If you still have some Wolfgang Finishing Glaze left, use it with a finishing pad to lightly polish the paint and then go to your wax/sealant combo.
SNAP! Thats right! I forgot you can use it as a one stepper. I have alot left over. Thanks Nick...I'm gonna go ahead and hit it with that.

If the car needs to be clayed, I would at least use a paint cleaner after it. Also 915 should be more than enough protection. That is a very durable wax, and should last just as long as a sealant. I'd do two coats of that instead of a sealant then a wax. just my .02

Got anything planned the next few weekends? LOL!