PDA

View Full Version : Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant 3.0 Observation

Pages : [1] 2

BMW
11-14-2011, 02:59 PM
On Sunday I was testing out multiple sealants and waxes trying to find the one that hid or left the least amount of noticeable residue in rock chips on the front of a car. I was using an APC to strip off the tested coatings and move to another.

WDGPS was the only one to survive the APC application (and this was well under the 12 hour cure time) and even survived the application of Naptha...

It turned out to be quite difficult to remove.

tw33k2514
11-14-2011, 03:03 PM
WDGPS is strong stuff.

Setec Astronomy
11-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Are you going to share what the weakling sealants were?

SRTSean
11-14-2011, 03:28 PM
On Sunday I was testing out multiple sealants and waxes trying to find the one that hid or left the least amount of noticeable residue in rock chips on the front of a car. I was using an APC to strip off the tested coatings and move to another.

WDGPS was the only one to survive the APC application (and this was well under the 12 hour cure time) and even survived the application of Naptha...

I have had the same experience. Griot's Paint Prep also doesn't put a dent in it.

rider9195
11-14-2011, 03:29 PM

:iagree:

BMW
11-14-2011, 03:31 PM

Pretty much a potpourri of the crap I have collected over the years:
PB's EX-P, Meguiar's NXT Tech Wax, Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax, Collinite 915, Collinite 845, Nano Diamond Shield, Sonax Nano Tech and Menzerna Powerloc.

One Caveat...i was testing for appearance so I didn't care about whether the recommended cure time was met so this should not be considered a treatise on durability, but strictly an observation on what a PITA WDGPS was to remove with little to no cure time.

Setec Astronomy
11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Interesting...I guess I'm surprised the Collinites didn't fare that well...is that perhaps because they tend to not fill in chips visibly (especially the 845)...is it possible you thought they were removed because you couldn't see them in there anyway?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Im surprised at the collinites as well.

alko
11-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Let me know if you wanna part from the DGPS..I'd love to try it.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-14-2011, 04:38 PM

What is the "application of Naptha...?"

CEE DOG
11-14-2011, 04:49 PM
Interesting, I'm surprised to see your results with Menz Powerlock. I had it on a car for months before trying to strip it off with OPC and even after all that time the APC didn't remove it completely on the first go round.

tw33k2514
11-14-2011, 04:56 PM
My guess is that maybe some sealants / waxes need the cure time more than others.

BMW
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM
Interesting...I guess I'm surprised the Collinites didn't fare that well...is that perhaps because they tend to not fill in chips visibly (especially the 845)...is it possible you thought they were removed because you couldn't see them in there anyway?

I didn't test the presence of a product by actually seeing the product in the chips...I was testing them based upon the beading of removal products I was applying and the spritzing of water when I thought the product had been removed.

What is the "application of Naptha...?"

Naptha is a solvent that typically strips wax and helps remove tar, bugs, etc.

Interesting, I'm surprised to see your results with Menz Powerlock. I had it on a car for months before trying to strip it off with OPC and even after all that time the APC didn't remove it completely on the first go round.

A big part there could be the lack of cure time for Powerloc.

Marc08EX
11-14-2011, 05:17 PM

I agree with you Corey. The Powerlock seems to have great protection and lasts really long. Hmmm

Setec Astronomy
11-14-2011, 05:23 PM
I didn't test the presence of a product by actually seeing the product in the chips...I was testing them based upon the beading of removal products.

Ok, so which was the least noticeable in the chips, since that was what you were testing for in the first place?