PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Krystal Vision observation

JSR
02-18-2007, 01:54 PM
My first review:

Received my Krystal Vision Klean Glass Kit about a week ago. Have to admit I am a Stoners fan and mostly ordered it to get the WW glass towel. Figured I would try the KV sooner or later. Big surprise!

Even though I had just cleaned the car (Stoners) I decided to try it. I am never happy with how clean the windshield is.

I have to say the sprayer is one of the best I have used. Nice fine mist over a large area. Two squirts for the whole windshield.

Used the glass towel and was frankly amazed at what it pulled off of my supposedly clean glass. You could actually see the dirt in the towel, amazing.

From inside I put fingerprints on the glass. You know how sometimes, even though you know its there, you just have to touch it to make sure. The other did the same thing after I did hers.

Now before you throw away your Stoners or get all righteous on me, check this out. This week I cleaned them again but used the KV first with Stoners after. Same result, the Stoners towel came away with dirt on it.

I seem to remember (I am old enough that I am never really sure:o ) a previous post from someone about how different glass cleaners work for different things. This seems to be one of those times. If anyone else has both products please try it and let me know how it works for you. I live in LA so there is a lot of yuck in the air and very little rain so the glass gets sticky nasty fast.

Anyway, my final opinion is that I will keep both available, along with my trusty, dusty, Glass Wax. The towel is a good find also, just have to remember which fold I used last.

Comments please!

ScottB
02-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I love Krystal Vision along with the glass WW towel, that said buff it well or you might see some small streaking at night while passing street lights. I concoured it quickly with an additional buff using the dry side of the WW.

It does cut thru the stuff on glass quickly, even the stubborn stuff being released from new plastic and interior parts on new cars. Others seem to need alot of buffing to remove.

Nuke33
02-18-2007, 02:08 PM
Great write up

supercharged
02-24-2007, 09:13 AM
My first review:

Received my Krystal Vision Klean Glass Kit about a week ago. Have to admit I am a Stoners fan and mostly ordered it to get the WW glass towel. Figured I would try the KV sooner or later. Big surprise!

Even though I had just cleaned the car (Stoners) I decided to try it. I am never happy with how clean the windshield is.

I have to say the sprayer is one of the best I have used. Nice fine mist over a large area. Two squirts for the whole windshield.

Used the glass towel and was frankly amazed at what it pulled off of my supposedly clean glass. You could actually see the dirt in the towel, amazing.

From inside I put fingerprints on the glass. You know how sometimes, even though you know its there, you just have to touch it to make sure. The other did the same thing after I did hers.

Now before you throw away your Stoners or get all righteous on me, check this out. This week I cleaned them again but used the KV first with Stoners after. Same result, the Stoners towel came away with dirt on it.

I seem to remember (I am old enough that I am never really sure:o ) a previous post from someone about how different glass cleaners work for different things. This seems to be one of those times. If anyone else has both products please try it and let me know how it works for you. I live in LA so there is a lot of yuck in the air and very little rain so the glass gets sticky nasty fast.

Anyway, my final opinion is that I will keep both available, along with my trusty, dusty, Glass Wax. The towel is a good find also, just have to remember which fold I used last.

Comments please!
Yep I heard of that before. Some dirt and grime can be removed with chemical X, some with chemical Y only, but both chemicals cannot be combined in one bottle, as they start cancelling each other out.

Whitethunder46
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
KV is a great glass cleaner. I love for the fact it can be used in the sun. It's not super powerful, but the ease of use makes up for it!