PDA

View Full Version : Can't get cat smell out!!

Pages : [1] 2

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 09:04 AM
I have a vehicle that is putting up a fight with cat smell that won't go away. We vacuumed all the hair out and extracted the carpets, Smell won't go away. Amy ideas?? Feed back please

CEE DOG
11-14-2011, 09:10 AM
CarPro So2 Pure!!! Your story exactly mirrors my buddy Jim's (Old Tiger)

Ask him about it. He said the smells been gone for near a year now if I recall correctly.

CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/so2pure-air-purifier.html)

There's a sample available for 10$ also.

Lasthope05
11-14-2011, 09:19 AM
Whenever I encounter an animal or organic mess I always use an enzyme cleaner. The enzymes digest and remove any orgainic matter while at the same time truely deodorizes vs covering up. For pet accidents I drench the area and for pet deodorizing and cleaning use as a normal APC or carpet cleaner. You want to use the enzyme cleaner first before any chemicals so you dont reduce its effectiveness.

The one I use is Natures miracle Advanced. I buy it by the gallons in pet stores.

So2 pure works well for unpleasant scents in general but with animals in the picture I prefer deep cleaning to remove the scent and then use So2 pure to remove any lingering traces.

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 09:24 AM
CarPro So2 Pure!!! Your story exactly mirrors my buddy Jim's (Old Tiger)

Ask him about it. He said the smells been gone for near a year now if I recall correctly.

CarPro So2Pure Air Purifying Coating 120 ml. (http://www.autogeek.net/so2pure-air-purifier.html)

There's a sample available for 10$ also.

Thanks!!! I'll give it a try. :xyxthumbs:

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Whenever I encounter an animal or organic mess I always use an enzyme cleaner. The enzymes digest and remove any orgainic matter while at the same time truely deodorizes vs covering up. For pet accidents I drench the area and for pet deodorizing and cleaning use as a normal APC or carpet cleaner. You want to use the enzyme cleaner first before any chemicals so you dont reduce its effectiveness.

The one I use is Natures miracle Advanced. I buy it by the gallons in pet store

So2 pure works well for unpleasant scents in general but with animals in the picture I prefer deep cleaning to remove the scent and then use So2 pure to remove any lingering traces.

Sounds like a good plan! :xyxthumbs:

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 09:41 AM

The one I use is Natures miracle Advanced. I buy it by the gallons in pet stores.

Do you use this with an extractor or just spray the entire interior?

Kristopher1129
11-14-2011, 09:44 AM

I'm with this guy. :dblthumb2::iagree:

Lasthope05
11-14-2011, 09:50 AM
Do you use this with an extractor or just spray the entire interior?

Use as a regular cleaner, spray, agitate, and towel up the dirt/excess or extract with plain water. After agitation I like to respray the area and let it sit for 30 min before extracting. In my mind, i like to think the extra dwell time allows the enzymes to fully digest everything. For pet urine I spray the area every hour or so while working on the exterior to give it longer dwell time before I tackle the interior.

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
Use as a regular cleaner, spray, agitate, and towel up the dirt/excess or extract with plain water. After agitation I like to respray the area and let it sit for 30 min before extracting. In my mind, i like to think the extra dwell time allows the enzymes to fully digest everything. For pet urine I spray the area every hour or so while working on the exterior to give it longer dwell time before I tackle the interior.

Thanks!! :dblthumb2:

Jons6.7
11-14-2011, 12:04 PM
Guess I will through out the other idea, Long drive short high cliff, or the "its a 458 Italia pre-heat shield fix that somehow caught fire".:joking:

The above may have given away the fact that I REALLY hate smells in cars. :nomore:

Flash Gordon
11-14-2011, 01:07 PM
I have a vehicle that is putting up a fight with cat smell that won't go away. We vacuumed all the hair out and extracted the carpets, Smell won't go away. Amy ideas?? Feed back please

Does your cat go crusin (AWESOME!!!) around with you? Whats with all the cat hair? Thats a new one on me...

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 01:20 PM
Does your cat go crusin (AWESOME!!!) around with you? Whats with all the cat hair? Thats a new one on me...

It's a dealer's vehicle. Just trying to do a good job. :buffing:

Flash Gordon
11-14-2011, 01:44 PM
It's a dealer's vehicle. Just trying to do a good job. :buffing:

A dealership job?!?!?!?!?!?

Why didn't you say earlier?!?!? Just jam about a half dozen of those cheap air-freshners under the back seat and your done ;)

dbbrooks
11-14-2011, 01:47 PM
A dealership job?!?!?!?!?!?

Why didn't you say earlier?!?!? Just jam about a half dozen of those cheap air-freshners under the back seat and your done ;)

Ha Ha, No really this guy is a great customer and he wants it out.

Flash Gordon
11-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Ha Ha, No really this guy is a great customer and he wants it out.

The smell your trying to get rid of is cat piss

What your going to have to do is put your nose to the interior and find the sweet spot. After you've done that, clean the area with an emzyene cleaning solution (as mentioned earlier) and leave an ozone machine running for a few hours on the rear floorboard