PDA

View Full Version : What Exactly is TWax Pre-wax Cleaner??

courtdale
11-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Packing up for my move yesterday, and I come across my TW Black Box kit that I inherited with the car. Obviously I don't use this stuff over my other products, but I do play with it from time to time. It comes with 3 things, a detailer, a liquid wax, and a "pre-wax cleaner".

What I can't figure out is exactly what the pre-wax cleaner is? From a little searching I see it refered to as a compound/polishing product, but it also says that it has filling properties like a glaze. Does it have any stripping properties that you would expect to find in a pre-wax cleaner?

It goes on like a liquid wax, does haze, and buffs off like a wax would. Any idea??

CEE DOG
11-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Sounds similar to many paint cleaners in it's functions.

Even many of the top notch paint cleaners you find here have some minor filling abilities. Read the description under the WG paint cleaner or even one of my personal favorites the Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion.

Pinnacle, Ultima, and Sonax are my three favorite paint cleaners out of the 6 I have used.

umi000
11-14-2011, 09:53 AM

Even many of the top notch paint cleaners you find here have some minor filling abilities. Read the description under the WG paint cleaner or even one of my personal favorites the Pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion.

Pinnacle, Ultima, and Sonax are my three favorite paint cleaners out of the 6 I have used.

Hi Corey, which are the other three you've used (if you don't mind naming them)? Planning picking up a paint cleaner, just not sure which one to get. Would the BF GEP (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-gloss-enhancing-polish.html) be among the other ones you've tried? Thinking about getting that one, as I do like BFWD, and was thinking it'd make sense to get a paint cleaner in the same line.

CEE DOG
11-14-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Corey, which are the other three you've used (if you don't mind naming them)? Planning picking up a paint cleaner, just not sure which one to get. Would the BF GEP (http://www.autogeek.net/blackfire-gloss-enhancing-polish.html) be among the other ones you've tried? Thinking about getting that one, as I do like BFWD, and was thinking it'd make sense to get a paint cleaner in the same line.

Hi umi, I have not tried the BF paint cleaner and I think if your using that line then using that paint cleaner is an excellent idea and a great way to go. One thing I notice about a lot of the paint cleaners is there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in them as far as obvious qualities but I guess that's true of many types of products. The pinnacle I thought was just an all around excellent paint cleaner. The Sonax I really like how it works with waxes. And the Ultima Paint Prep Plus has primers in it that aid in the durability of UPGP. Also, I love the way it smells and how friggin glossy the paint is with it.

I've used the swissvax and two others along with the three I named in my post but for the life of me I can't remember what the other is. It was something I grabbed at a car show and I haven't heard of it since. Started with a C I think.

courtdale
11-14-2011, 10:50 AM

Hmm, well my trunk had quite a few flaws, so I wanted to see what kind of filling ability it had (if any). Should I assume that it stripped that area of any seal/wax product applied before? Really wasn't looking to strip it, just wanted to see if it filled.

CEE DOG
11-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Not sure of turtle waxes paint cleaner filling abilities. I would bet it has more than some but wouldn't count on it to help fill anything more than very fine marring from a polish that wasn't finished all the way down.

I would definitely be assured it stripped the old waxes etc.

FUNX650
11-14-2011, 11:13 AM
To avoid excessive "marring"...

Caution should always be observed when using any overly-aggessive-abrasives-laden pre-wax cleaners on modern day BC/CC paint film systems. More than just a "cleaning" of the clear-coat's paint film surface may occur!

IMO, many OTC pre-wax cleaners fit that bill.

:)

Bob

umi000
11-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Hi umi, I have not tried the BF paint cleaner and I think if your using that line then using that paint cleaner is an excellent idea and a great way to go. One thing I notice about a lot of the paint cleaners is there doesn't seem to be a huge difference in them as far as obvious qualities but I guess that's true of many types of products. The pinnacle I thought was just an all around excellent paint cleaner. The Sonax I really like how it works with waxes. And the Ultima Paint Prep Plus has primers in it that aid in the durability of UPGP. Also, I love the way it smells and how friggin glossy the paint is with it.

I've used the swissvax and two others along with the three I named in my post but for the life of me I can't remember what the other is. It was something I grabbed at a car show and I haven't heard of it since. Started with a C I think.

Thanks for the input Corey, appreciate it :xyxthumbs: