PDA

View Full Version : Best way to wash this mud off?

Guppy
11-13-2011, 09:56 PM
I've searched the forums for best way to rinse mud and not scratch but found no definitive answer. I've uploaded a picture so you get a better idea.
Basically I:

1. Rinse it all off with water.
2. Bucket foam it and let the foam rest for around 5 minutes, just before it dries
3. Use hose with screw on pressure whatchamacallit
4. Foam again
5. Wipe off without applying any pressure, just enough to keep the microfiber towel in my hand.

Most of the mud gets on the doors as you can see, my fear is obviously introducing swirls on it ( it already has a few, my guess is from my previous n00b washes).

I use two bucket method and replace the microfiber towel if it gets to dirty.

All in all, how could I improve my process?
Also, this is the result of a 4 hour drive on the weekends, AFTER i wash it, during the weekdays, it stays parked, under a roof with a car cover, until next weekend when I drive home and wash...

AeroCleanse
11-13-2011, 10:03 PM
Best way to clean it would be to use a pressure washer.

dad07
11-13-2011, 10:08 PM
Best way to clean it would be to use a pressure washer.

:iagree:
Pressure wash
foam
rinse
traditional wash
rinse
dry
wax
done

Or Bring it to me and for a small fee I'll take care of it! LOL!

A-train
11-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Foam cannon, let it dwell, rinse, followed up by some ONR

tw33k2514
11-13-2011, 10:11 PM
Pressure washer. If you don't have one go to the local self operated car tunnel an use it.

weavers
11-13-2011, 10:18 PM
coin operated wash with a pressure washer and then wax it.

personally I would just use a hose and some apc. spray and rinse then a one bucket ONR. I figure a hose pipe would get that off. you could use a 3 bucket wash with 2 rinse buckets. even if you do add some swirls its just a bit to polish to remove it. hardly a big deal.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-13-2011, 10:33 PM
The best thing to get most of it off will be to use a pressure washer. Then you can follow that with a foam cannon and let it dwell to get the remaining mud off. After that you shouldnt have much of anything left on the surface that a 2 bucket wash couldnt handle. Just dont get too carried away with pressure washer and get it to close to the paint.

You could also throw some mud flaps on there to help keep the mud off the car and keep the tires from flinging rocks and chipping the paint.

Guppy
11-13-2011, 11:18 PM
coin operated wash with a pressure washer and then wax it.

I think I might just get a pressure washer, as i've been doing it with just a hose and a pressure nozzle. There aren't any coin operated wash where I live (honduras, central america).

It's a big deal, because I want to preserve my cars paint :P

After I hose and rinse everything down, there's always a sort of thin "dirt" film left on the car, perhaps it's the "turtle wax ZIP wash" Amazon.com: Turtle Wax T-79 Zip Wax Liquid Car Wash. 64 oz.: Automotive (http://www.amazon.com/Turtle-Wax-T-79-Liquid-Wash/dp/B000AMBOX0/ref=sr_1_sc_1ie=UTF8&qid=1321244150&sr=8-1-spell)
that's not strong enough to remove all the fine dust (well dust + water = really fine mud, which is what the "film" actually is, like in the picture?

As I can't justify paying $25 for international shipping to get a decent product here.

Guppy
11-13-2011, 11:22 PM
:iagree:
Pressure wash
foam
rinse
traditional wash
rinse
dry
wax
done

Or Bring it to me and for a small fee I'll take care of it! LOL!
K, if for that small fee you fly down to Honduras, Central America :P ?

dad07
11-13-2011, 11:38 PM
K, if for that small fee you fly down to Honduras, Central America :P ?

sure why not? I've been to Honduras before....was there in 1988! Brought in the new year there...... All joking aside If we were closer I would help you all I could!

I think I still have a few Limpiras( I think thats how its spelled?) Around that I could spend while I was there.

Guppy
11-14-2011, 08:41 AM
sure why not? I've been to Honduras before....was there in 1988! Brought in the new year there...... All joking aside If we were closer I would help you all I could!

I think I still have a few Limpiras( I think thats how its spelled?) Around that I could spend while I was there.

Yeah, Lempiras!

dad07
11-14-2011, 09:15 AM
Yeah, Lempiras!

Man I was close on the spelling! :xyxthumbs: