PDA

View Full Version : liquid wax in check-in bag for flight?

lokichaos
11-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Hi, so I have searched around on this forum for any tips regarding plane traveling with detailing equipment and only found one regarding taking a Polisher as a carry on. I am wondering if any of you have checked in liquid waxes, sealant ect. and have had any trouble with them? I'm going down to FL over break and promised to detail my brother's car, so I'm taking some stuff with me and I don't want any trouble, aka confiscation ect.

List of what I'm bringing:
Porter cable 7427
Clay bar kit
3M Rubbing compound
Megs Ult Polish
Collinite 845
Megs GC liquid wax
Wolfgang leather conditioner
black magic tire shine.
Megs trim detailer

Thanks in advance for any help! I'm still fairly new to this. :) Feed back please

Marc08EX
11-13-2011, 09:12 PM
As far as I know, you can't take any liquid containers more than 3oz in your carry on luggage. Anything bigger than 3oz needs to be checked in.

david79z28
11-13-2011, 09:15 PM
As far as I know, you can't take any liquid containers more than 3oz in your carry on luggage. Anything bigger than 3oz needs to be checked in.

Marc is right!! Check it in or ship it ahead of time...

mark58
11-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Marc is right!! Check it in or ship it ahead of time...

Best bet is to ship it ahead. Less hassle at airport and when you check it in they still go through your stuff. Anything in question will not make it.

Flash Gordon
11-13-2011, 09:28 PM
Best bet is to ship it ahead. Less hassle at airport and when you check it in they still go through your stuff. Anything in question will not make it.

:iagree: and use FedEx :props:

lokichaos
11-13-2011, 09:42 PM
Ok, I'll probably ship the liquid stuff then.

dad07
11-13-2011, 09:47 PM
Ship your pc,coli,wolfgang products....rest is available otc have your Bro pick those up!

lokichaos
11-13-2011, 10:31 PM
Ship your pc,coli,wolfgang products....rest is available otc have your Bro pick those up!

Hmmm…good point. Especially since I'm doing this for the heck of it, and he owns a Honda Ridgeline. Gonna need a ladder to reach the top of that thing haha.

dad07
11-13-2011, 10:37 PM
Hmmm…good point. Especially since I'm doing this for the heck of it, and he owns a Honda Ridgeline. Gonna need a ladder to reach the top of that thing haha.

Not sure where your headed to in Florida but you could put in a order to ag and make a road trip to pick it up!