PDA

View Full Version : sealants

Pages : [1] 2

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 01:50 PM
im getting ready to put some paint sealant on my guards red carrera. im trying to decide between using the 4 star upp or my wg deep gloss 3.0. after its cured, my intentions are to top it with some fuzion. im wanting a deep, shiny, wet look. what do you guys recommend ?

toycar18
11-12-2011, 02:11 PM
Wolfgang

tw33k2514
11-12-2011, 02:14 PM
WGDG 3.0 for sure.

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 06:54 PM
i didnt get a chance to get the sealant on today. i went over it with some p21s and will get the sealant on tomorrow. should the car get a good wash before appyling the sealant or am i good to go after the p21s ?

thanks

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Which P21S product did you use?

opie_7afe
11-12-2011, 07:21 PM
id say the WGDGPS love how easy it works and how nice the shine looks, leaves paint really slick. looks even better after topping with come collinite 845...still undecided if i would buy the bigger size as the 2oz sample has done my whole car and barley touched the bottle...and just an fyi if you get the WGDGPS and it has oil looking blobs that wont mix in you might need to make a mini paint mixer and blend it up some more. i had to do it but after it was done was a much better product, thicker,and application was much better after i blended it..and has not seperated even sitting for a week or more without movement. just a tip if yours comes like that...

rider9195
11-12-2011, 07:25 PM
id say the WGDGPS love how easy it works and how nice the shine looks, leaves paint really slick. looks even better after topping with come collinite 845...still undecided if i would buy the bigger size as the 2oz sample has done my whole car and barley touched the bottle...and just an fyi if you get the WGDGPS and it has oil looking blobs that wont mix in you might need to make a mini paint mixer and blend it up some more. i had to do it but after it was done was a much better product, thicker,and application was much better after i blended it..and has not seperated even sitting for a week or more without movement. just a tip if yours comes like that...

I shake my sealants weekly :cool:

But I would use the Deep Gloss Paint Sealant as well. Great product. Used it today on a little Mazda Protege and used very little product while having a more gloss added to the paint.

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 07:31 PM
Which P21S product did you use?

i used the gloss enhancing paint cleanser

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 07:33 PM
id say the WGDGPS ...

thats the sealant im going to use, wgdgps 3.0

Chris's FX4
11-12-2011, 07:34 PM
WGDGPS is an excellent choice. Very easy to apply with amazing results. It really makes red look deep, wet, and shiny.

There are some pics of my red truck with WGDGPS in this thread.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/41097-winter-prep-detailing-w-wolfgang-meguiar-s.html

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 07:37 PM
I shake my sealants weekly :cool:

i guess i better start shaking tonight. it has been shaken since it arrived a couple of months ago.

Gungho_15
11-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I used the Wolfgang DGPS last year. I read a ton about the Blackfire, so I purchased it. I just used it on my car this weekend and HANDS DOWN, its the best product I have used. It wipes off way easier than DGPS, and definitely brings out the dark metallic in my paint. DGPS is awesome, and smells good, but I think Blackfire will be my go to sealant! Especially for winters topped with Collinite.

lexterminator
11-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Shake it for a good 30 secs until it has a nice yellowish uniform appearance. Mine was sitting for about 6 months and was all separated. Was good to go after about 30 secs of good shaking.

cheers

bk2nrml
11-12-2011, 07:40 PM
so, i used the p21s paint cleanser, but, do i need to wash the car before applying the wgdgps or can i go straight from the p21s to the wgdgps ?

rider9195
11-12-2011, 07:48 PM
i guess i better start shaking tonight. it has been shaken since it arrived a couple of months ago.

I have had my bottle of DGPS for about 3-4 years now. Still hasn't separated. I think doing it monthly would be fine though. :xyxthumbs:

I used the Wolfgang DGPS last year. I read a ton about the Blackfire, so I purchased it. I just used it on my car this weekend and HANDS DOWN, its the best product I have used. It wipes off way easier than DGPS, and definitely brings out the dark metallic in my paint. DGPS is awesome, and smells good, but I think Blackfire will be my go to sealant! Especially for winters topped with Collinite.

I agree 100%. Once you use Wet Diamond, you won't go back. I use BFWD on my personal vehicles and am trying to use the rest of my DGPS up by apply it to my customers cars. Not that it is a bad sealant, I just need to use it up.