PDA

View Full Version : Blown 1934 Ford Pick-up - Show Car Makeover - Modeled by Kristin

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

IID
07-30-2013, 10:43 PM
I remember this makeover posted awhile back but......man that 34' is friggen gorgeous!!

I want :dblthumb2:

Mike Phillips
08-05-2013, 12:20 PM
:iagree: :xyxthumbs:

Better than a webcam we've done "live broadcasts" in the past and while we're doing them people can ask questions via the forum and we answer live right back at you.

I remember this makeover posted awhile back but......man that 34' is friggen gorgeous!!

I want

I agree. Not only does it look amazing but when the engine fires up it shakes the air and the ground!

:dblthumb2:

MJT
11-15-2013, 11:09 PM
Amazing work guys! Just wondering why would you use the Pinnacle polish over something like m205? I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!

Mike Phillips
11-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Amazing work guys! Just wondering why would you use the Pinnacle polish over something like m205? I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!

They work great is one reason. M105 is an aggressive compound and I'm pretty sure I explained with text and pictures that this is a show truck and only had fine scratches from normal wear-n-tear and also the kind of toweling marks that "Show Cars" tend to get because show cars tend to JUST get wiped and wiped and wiped after the first time they are cut and buffed.

For what it's worth, after I worked with the guys at Wayne Carini's shop all they use for polishes now are Pinnacle and if you watch all the NEW episodes of Chasing Classic Cars all the cars have show car finishes. In old episodes you'll see cars with swirls.

:xyxthumbs:

RLucky82
11-16-2013, 02:14 PM
... I get so confused with so many different products out there. Also why did you use the pinnacle swirl remover instead of say m105 compound? Just trying to get a grip with what to use for different jobs. Thanks!

Autogeek tends to showcase the different products they sell. The one reason I started out with Adams products is because I didn't want to be concentrating on what product I was using on what pad and what products work with different pad and what pads work with different products. I wanted to be concentrating on the actual polishing and getting my car scratch and swirl free and the Adams kit makes it "Brain Dead" simple Green product on green pad, Orange product on orange pad white on white pad grey on grey pad. Green being heavy cut, scratch and swirl remover. Orange being swirl and haze remover, White being fine polish and grey paint sealant. Autogeek should develop a beginner starter kit that's color coded.

Mike Phillips
03-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Autogeek should develop a beginner starter kit that's color coded.

I'll make sure management sees your suggestion. Had another new member recommend a starter kit this week too somewhere on the forum.

:)

Mike Phillips
07-26-2019, 10:04 AM
:updated:

Shared here,

Just picked up Fuzion and Sovereign (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101-a/123943-just-picked-up-fuzion-sovereign.html)

JustJesus
07-26-2019, 04:49 PM
Here go...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1310/Project34024a.jpg

Over the weekend my wife and I were doing some garage cleaning/clear out and I opened up a box and found the DP Waterless Wash!!!
I was wondering if it was still good. I'll try it out eventually.

That 34. It's one heck of a hot rod. And you guys did a great job with it

Mike Phillips
07-29-2019, 10:22 AM
Over the weekend my wife and I were doing some garage cleaning/clear out and I opened up a box and found the DP Waterless Wash!!!

I was wondering if it was still good. I'll try it out eventually.

If a product has been sitting for an extended period of time - if you can shake it up and when you look at it - it has a UNIFROM appearance and consistency - then it's probably good to continue using.

That 34. It's one heck of a hot rod. And you guys did a great job with it

Yeah it was one of the baddest hot rods to go through Autogeek's Show Car Garage since I've been here.

Here's a close second...

Full BLOWN RUPES Show Car Detailing on a Full Blown 1936 Ford Streetrod by Mike Phillips (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/car-detailing-how-article-mike-phillips/110582-full-blown-rupes-show-car-detailing-full-blown-1936-ford-streetrod-mike-phillips.html)

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3455/1936_Blown_Ford_PU_032.JPG

I used all RUPES products for the above.

JustJesus
07-29-2019, 03:18 PM
If a product has been sitting for an extended period of time - if you can shake it up and when you look at it - it has a UNIFROM appearance and consistency - then it's probably good to continue using.

Oh, nice. I'll try that. Yeah, i tend to shake things up REAL good when they have sort of "separated." Everything has worked so far :)

Yeah it was one of the baddest hot rods to go through Autogeek's Show Car Garage since I've been here.

Here's a close second...

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/3455/1936_Blown_Ford_PU_032.JPG

I used all RUPES products for the above.

oh dear goodness. That's a massive blower. Music to the ears, I'm sure. Nice looking rod, too!

Mike Phillips
08-29-2019, 06:28 AM
oh dear goodness. That's a massive blower. Music to the ears, I'm sure. Nice looking rod, too!

I never see this Streetrod anymore?

Have to reach out and see if the owner still has it?

JustJesus
08-29-2019, 05:20 PM
I never see this Streetrod anymore?

Have to reach out and see if the owner still has it?

I sure hope it didn't share the same fate as Boyd Coddington's Chezoom! Such a remarkable car. I had seen pics (or video?) of it in a rather neglected state. One of the windshield wipers didn't work, i think it was stuck sort of outside cowl area. Flat tire. Wheels didn't have that luster. The paint was in bad shape.