PDA

View Full Version : Your most aggresive combination

Theostoubos
11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Would you please let me know what is your most aggresive combination of pad & compound used.

I'm dealing with some hard clear coat and it seems that I have to do 2-3 hits with Menzerna Power Gloss or Meg's M105 on a LC HT Cyan Pad and/or LC purple wool foam pad in order to cut through some RDS...

JonMiles
11-11-2011, 09:22 PM
megs unigrit sandpaper 3000 grit to level the RIDs then follow with 105 on a microfiber pad. If that doesn't clear up the rids its better just to let them go.

Most aggressive compound and pad for me is four star heavy cut compound with a 4 ply twisted wool 3m pad on makita rotary.

Theostoubos
11-11-2011, 09:33 PM
megs unigrit sandpaper 3000 grit to level the RIDs then follow with 105 on a microfiber pad. If that doesn't clear up the rids its better just to let them go.

Most aggressive compound and pad for me is four star heavy cut compound with a 4 ply twisted wool 3m pad on makita rotary.

Thank you. That's what I thought as well. Very light sanding and then M105. If this won't do it then just let it be and focus on gloss. I just wanted a more experienced 2nd opinion.