PDA

View Full Version : Should i buy a...

Pages : [1] 2

Garry Dean
11-11-2011, 05:21 PM
1991 Nissan 300ZX?

Car is in fair condition. Has good tires and 85000 original miles. I detailed it today and have been thinking about it since.

It's the twin turbo version with t-tops. Has some rust spots and could use a paint job. It's pretty quick and seems to run pretty good. Just needs some tlc and it would be a fantastically fun car toy.

I can probably get a good deal.

I'd like some input. I took a couple of pics, but I'm on my way to dinner and I thought is post this.

rider9195
11-11-2011, 05:27 PM
Now is this a twin turbo 300ZX? Because I was looking at these a while back and they were pretty hard to find one with low miles and in good condition. If it is the twin turbo, I would definitely jump on it. That is if the price is right.

Garry Dean
11-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Now is this a twin turbo 300ZX? Because I was looking at these a while back and they were pretty hard to find one with low miles and in good condition. If it is the twin turbo, I would definitely jump on it. That is if the price is right.

Yes sir. Twin turbo. Runs great. Just some body issues. What's the right price?

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-11-2011, 05:31 PM
That would be a fun car no matter which way you look at it.

One thing I always tell people is you have ask yourself what you need from a car. It can be as simple as 2 doors or 4 color and manufacturer. For me when I first bought my car there were certain things that I needed. It had to be a premium German made black 4 door. So that left me with AUDI, BMW, MERC. It had to be rear wheel drive only. That eliminted the AUDI's and had to have the biggest engine offered with a clutch. That left me with BMW in the end as the MERC gives you the auto with the big engine.

Garry Dean
11-11-2011, 05:38 PM
That would be a fun car no matter which way you look at it.

One thing I always tell people is you have ask yourself what you need from a car. It can be as simple as 2 doors or 4 color and manufacturer. For me when I first bought my car there were certain things that I needed. It had to be a premium German made black 4 door. So that left me with AUDI, BMW, MERC. It had to be rear wheel drive only. That eliminted the AUDI's and had to have the biggest engine offered with a clutch. That left me with BMW in the end as the MERC gives you the auto with the big engine.

I do not need this car nor do I have an extreme Passion for it. In fact I think it is completely not functional for what I would normally need out of a vehicle (people and cargo space). I just think it would be fun to play with.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
11-11-2011, 05:44 PM
I can understand the not having a need for it but having it would be cool. But if do not have an extreme passion for it then you might want to wait for something to come along that has a bit more functionality to it and fits your needs.

Nick McKees37
11-11-2011, 05:49 PM
Talk to Pats300ZX, he's the Z expert. :props:

Garry Dean
11-11-2011, 05:56 PM
Talk to Pats300ZX, he's the Z expert. :props:

Crappy, you're right. Thanks bro.

rider9195
11-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Yes sir. Twin turbo. Runs great. Just some body issues. What's the right price?

Personally I wouldn't pay more than 7,000. That's just my opinion though. I did a quick search of similar cars and they were selling for anywhere from 5-9,000.

Good luck on the possibly new purchase Garry! :xyxthumbs:

Harleyguy
11-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Be very care full buying a 300ZX twin turbo do you know if the person is the original owner ?? How often have they changed the oil and filter there is a ton of questions I would ask . Garry give me a call you should still have my numbers if not shoot me a PM

weavers
11-11-2011, 06:40 PM
buying a used car with a turbo is a dangerous thing. that car has probably been thrashed even with so few miles. have a mechanic take a good look at it. make sure the engine/tranny is in perfect condition.

if your looking for a fun car i would say buy it for sure. That car looks so good, it has the right engine the right trim level, ect.

post pics!!!!

opie_7afe
11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
they are very nice looking,sporty cars for sure, but sadly the body has the typical japanese car problems and that is cancer! have it on my car, if hes getting rid of it for a good price i would take it to a mechanic, check the turbo wheels for play, make sure turbo's compressor wheels are not chipped/damaged. but remember with the TT 300z's they have so little room in the engine bay,even the non turbos are CRAMPED! even with my small hands i probably couldnt work on it lol thought about getting one before and realized i fix my own cars and i dont need something where you need to remove a ton of stuff to do simple maintenance.but i would weigh out the pros and cons of the vehicle and make a decision from there, but deffinatly talk to pats300zx. also might be good to google search the common problem areas of the 300zxTT..good luck! be a fun toy for sure!

rwright
11-11-2011, 07:43 PM
I have a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 that I will sell you

Garry Dean
11-11-2011, 07:52 PM
I have a 2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 that I will sell you

No way dude! I want nothing to do with a neon!

Twister
11-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I would have it checked out. Turbos need to be looked over and checked out.

I always thought they were cool cars and I wanted one for a long time. When they came out my dad worked for a Nissan dealer and I remember them being new on the lot