PDA

View Full Version : Random questions

YankeeFan
02-17-2007, 11:22 PM
These are just questions that have accumulated over time. Any help would be appreciated.

1. I bought a small bottle of Klasse AIO to try out. Wanted to use it on my windshield after I clean the windows. But do I still use a damp cloth as per the directions? Do I then just wipe it off? Not sure if anything is staying on the windshield.

2. Upholshery cleaner - have some spots from my kid on the back cloth seats. Tried Scotchgard cleaner we had hanging around the house but it did nothing. Any suggestions on one to use?

3. Can a PC be used on bumpers or is it only safe for metal parts?

4. This is the most frustrating as I have never seen a PC in stores so it hard to visualize why some things are needed and not needed plus what is the best pad size. I am hedging on buying the following: the smooth Edge pads as they don't require a backing plate (not sure why) and I like that they are reversable. But I see old posts where poeple are using 4, 5, 6 and 8" pads. Can the PC use all the different sizes or is a separate attachment needed for each size? Also gonna buy XMT Pad Cleaner. I most likely will need to get a contractor's grade extension cord. Lastly, decided the XMT polishes are best since little dust is created and it sounds like the XMT abrasive levels and the pad harshness combo will certainly accomplish what I need to do in the Spring. Anything I am missing to use the PC effectively?

Thanks,
Howard

supercharged
02-18-2007, 12:14 AM
1. I bought a small bottle of Klasse AIO to try out. Wanted to use it on my windshield after I clean the windows. But do I still use a damp cloth as per the directions? Do I then just wipe it off? Not sure if anything is staying on the windshield.
Protection will be there on your windshield. Wipe it on and wipe it right off.
For even better results clay your windshield prior to application of AIO.

2. Upholshery cleaner - have some spots from my kid on the back cloth seats. Tried Scotchgard cleaner we had hanging around the house but it did nothing. Any suggestions on one to use?
Stubborn spots can be removed with Wolfgang spot remover. It's kinda pricey, but it's safe and it works. Again, stubborn spots only, otherwise I just use APC+ 10:1.

Yes, you can use PC on bumpers, just be careful.

4. This is the most frustrating as I have never seen a PC in stores so it hard to visualize why some things are needed and not needed plus what is the best pad size. I am hedging on buying the following: the smooth Edge pads as they don't require a backing plate (not sure why) and I like that they are reversable. But I see old posts where poeple are using 4, 5, 6 and 8" pads. Can the PC use all the different sizes or is a separate attachment needed for each size? Also gonna buy XMT Pad Cleaner. I most likely will need to get a contractor's grade extension cord. Lastly, decided the XMT polishes are best since little dust is created and it sounds like the XMT abrasive levels and the pad harshness combo will certainly accomplish what I need to do in the Spring. Anything I am missing to use the PC effectively?
6 inch pads always worked for me. Not to big, not to small, just perfect.

Hope this helps.

FloridaNative
02-18-2007, 12:24 AM
Protection will be there on your windshield. Wipe it on and wipe it right off.
For even better results clay your windshield prior to application of AIO.

Stubborn spots can be removed with Wolfgang spot remover. It's kinda pricey, but it's safe and it works. Again, stubborn spots only, otherwise I just use APC+ 10:1.

Yes, you can use PC on bumpers, just be careful.

6 inch pads always worked for me. Not to big, not to small, just perfect.

Hope this helps.

:iagree: with Supercharged. I also use the 6" pads but I also like the 4" spot buffs for tight places or for headlights. For stains from your kid, the WG would be great. I also like Kid's n pets, Folex and Oxy Clean for stains too. :)

3Dog
02-18-2007, 12:24 AM
AIO should at least haze..approx 30 min would be better.

supercharged
02-18-2007, 02:04 AM
:iagree: with Supercharged. I also use the 6" pads but I also like the 4" spot buffs for tight places or for headlights. For stains from your kid, the WG would be great. I also like Kid's n pets, Folex and Oxy Clean for stains too. :)
I only tried 6" pads, although I have a couple of 5" Lake Country laying around I have never used them. I am thinking about 4" spot buffs Edge pads for my next order.

BILL
02-18-2007, 08:30 AM
I only tried 6" pads, although I have a couple of 5" Lake Country laying around I have never used them. I am thinking about 4" spot buffs Edge pads for my next order.

You'll like the 4" buff pads...very handy .....:)

justin_murphy
02-18-2007, 08:42 AM

Can't help you here. I have never used AIO.

Woolite detergent 10:1 with warm water is the best upholstery cleaner there is for light to medium cleaning. Cheap too.
Tip:
Spray the area to be cleaned with the Woolite mix. Take a brush and wrap a damp MF towel around it. Now scrub the area with the brush and towel combo. You will be amazed on how well this action works!

Yep. I do it all the time. Just don't use a lot of pressure. This builds heat. Plastic does not transfer heat like metals does.......it absorbs it! Just stop and feel the area.

The best size for the PC are the 6" pads. 4"s are better for cutting an area since a smaller pad on the PC cuts better. It's physics. I know it just can't explain it!. 8"s would be worthless for anything in my opinion. They should only be used on a rotary.

You just need to watch the videos supplied by AG on the PC buffer sales page. They are awesome!

These are awesome too!
Pinnacle Natural Brilliance car care products are made of natural ingredients & modern science! souveran, signature series, carnauba, paintwork (http://www.autogeek.net/pinnacleprod.html)
about half way down

supercharged
02-18-2007, 09:53 AM
Woolite detergent 10:1 with warm water is the best upholstery cleaner there is for light to medium cleaning. Cheap too.
Tip:
Spray the area to be cleaned with the Woolite mix. Take a brush and wrap a damp MF towel around it. Now scrub the area with the brush and towel combo. You will be amazed on how well this action works!

Thanks for the tip, Justin! I will give it a try?