PDA

View Full Version : Help with protecb from dust

Janainag
11-10-2011, 01:54 PM
I live in a area thats normally dusty and its windy season now so i/my car get more of it :-)
its so dusty that by the time i complete my LSP application i see a thin layer gettting formed. its not sticky so to speak and goes away with a MF wipe. [no garage add to the woes since its an apartment with open parking]
choice of LSp has been traditionally Collinites [476/915] since its a black car [2010 vw jetta].

questions i have are as follows

[1] is it worth continuing with collys and just live with the dust. i like them for their durability and 915 for its look on black
[2] is it better to move onto a synthetic wax or sealant which could potentially repel dust and/or easy to clean off of.
[3] which one would give the necessary pop on a pearl black vdub

thanks for reading and look forward to ur suggestions

CEE DOG
11-10-2011, 01:58 PM
You want to avoid dust or at least allow it to blow or rinse off easily? Step up to CarPro CQuartz.

Polymer sealants will give you less dust than wax by far but if you switch to a coating like CQuartz or Opticoat the surface will stay and be cleaned much much easier.

I recommend the CQ for you since I see you have one post and will assume you arent going to be doing more than one vehicle and need something with less of a learning curve that you can't really mess anything up and cause yourself more work.

Once you have applied a coating or nano tech spray you will notice that going for a drive will allow the dust to come right off the car as long as it's dry and washing the car is a lot easier too.

embolism
11-10-2011, 02:01 PM
sounds like you need a pure sealant as waxes tend to attract dust more. There's also something out there called Permanon Platinum but I have no experience with it.

I've had recent success with klasse aio followed by klasse sealant glaze

It's been a couple weeks of daily driving since I winterized my car and I've noticed much less dust accumulation.

edit: Corey's suggestion of a coating is also good!

Janainag
11-10-2011, 02:15 PM
You want to avoid dust or at least allow it to blow or rinse off easily? Step up to CarPro CQuartz.

Polymer sealants will give you less dust than wax by far but if you switch to a coating like CQuartz or Opticoat the surface will stay and be cleaned much much easier.

I recommend the CQ for you since I see you have one post and will assume you arent going to be doing more than one vehicle and need something with less of a learning curve that you can't really mess anything up and cause yourself more work.

Once you have applied a coating or nano tech spray you will notice that going for a drive will allow the dust to come right off the car as long as it's dry and washing the car is a lot easier too.

Thanks a ton Corey.
Ya I've been lurking on the forum for long and managed to post now because the dust is getting a bit too much.
U hit the nail on the head. I am indeed looking for easy dusting off so to speak. Either when u take the car for a drive or just use a mf cloth to.
Quick question ...
Wud menz power lock do the job?

I anyways buy from autogeek.
Here is a quick story on what maintaing my car means to me. I live in India where I don't get stuff so I get my friends to order and bring here when someone travels or when I travel there. It's well past midnight and I lurk in the forum to read generally abt what u pros and enthusiasts do to increase my knowledge and hence the counter question to ur suggestion above :)

Ps: I maintain 4 cars that we own. A Vw jetta, a Hyundai small car, a skoda superb and a Honda city.

Janainag
11-10-2011, 02:16 PM
sounds like you need a pure sealant as waxes tend to attract dust more. There's also something out there called Permanon Platinum but I have no experience with it.

I've had recent success with klasse aio followed by klasse sealant glaze

It's been a couple weeks of daily driving since I winterized my car and I've noticed much less dust accumulation.

edit: Corey's suggestion of a coating is also good!

Thanks for taking time to reply Tim. Will read a bit more about permanon too.