PDA

View Full Version : How long do you spend detailing your car?

YankeeFan
02-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I'm not talking about removing wax, adding a seakant, etc. Just a general clean. I find I spend about 2 1/2 hrs regardless of how dirty the car is. I usually;

wash the rims, wheels
wash the exterior
dry every nook and cranny (all 4 doors, hood, trunk and gas cap are open to remove all water too)
QD exterior
Clean exterior windows (clean interior every other wash)
vacuum, especially driver side
lastly, clean dash and anything that has dust or dirt inside

Do you spend more or less time?

Howard

Mike T
02-17-2007, 10:31 PM
That sounds about right. I wash everything, dry as I go. I then follow up with S&W on the entire exterior to remove any water spots or such left on the finish. I then use a quick wax/sealant to give my LSP a boost. I then go through all the nooks and crannies. I can have all this done in about an hour/forty five minutes.
If I'm applying another LSP layer, of course then I'm go'in over two hours. A full detail takes in-between 5-7 hours.

YankeeFan
02-17-2007, 10:40 PM
That sounds about right. I wash everything, dry as I go. I then follow up with S&W on the entire exterior to remove any water spots or such left on the finish. I then use a quick wax/sealant to give my LSP a boost. I then go through all the nooks and crannies. I can have all this done in about an hour/forty five minutes.
If I'm applying another LSP layer, of course then I'm go'in over two hours. A full detail takes in-between 5-7 hours.

huh..........you follow with a S & W? You don't just use a QD since the exterior is clean? do you find the S&W helps?

Howard

supercharged
02-17-2007, 10:42 PM
This is what I do:

wash the rims, wheels
wash the exterior
dry every nook and cranny (all 4 doors, trunk are open to remove all water too)
QD exterior
Dry.
Dress tires every other wash.
Takes me 1-1.5 hours on average.

Mike T
02-17-2007, 11:44 PM
huh..........you follow with a S & W? You don't just use a QD since the exterior is clean? do you find the S&W helps?

Howard
I use Poorboy's S&W both as a waterless wash and as a QD'er. I like it that much. Its great for quickly going around the car removing marks. I want the surface good as perfect as I can get it before applying a Booster or another LSP layer.

Nuke33
02-17-2007, 11:48 PM
A few hours for your list

DansToo
02-18-2007, 04:49 AM
Takes me about 2 hours to do this on my F-150

Sergie
02-18-2007, 01:24 PM
I can do everything on that list excluding vacuum and interior dash work in one hour. In addition, when propping up the hood and drying, I do a quick detail on the inside engine. If you include that as part of your standard wash routine. The engine detail never takes very long. In other words, you never let it get of hand.