PDA

View Full Version : Winter ONR washes and dirty panels

cpa5oh
11-09-2011, 10:29 PM
Winter's coming and I'll be doing alot of ONR washes...mostly on my daily driver, but some on my black Camaro which I intend to pull out of storage anytime road salt and snow isn't around.

Normally the black Camaro doesn't get real dirty. When it does I break out the hose and rinse it off. Not going to be possible in winter...so I was thinking about soaking dirty panels in Opti-Clean first, then doing the ONR wash (misting the ONR on, then hitting it with a mitt, then dry with microfiber towel, two buckets, lower panels last.) Any thoughts on why that might be a bad idea? I'm hoping the Opti-Clean will work behind the dirt a little bit better than the ONR alone...I'm not concerned with cost per wash (the Opti-Clean and ONR are well priced anyhow) - I just don't want scratches that I worked so hard to remove this past few weekends.

Thanks!

Chris Thomas
11-09-2011, 10:31 PM
Take your time, go over each panel lightly...more than once if needed, and a presoak with wash strength ONR is all you need to add. The Opti Mitt or plush MF towels as your wash media will keep your paint safe.

cpa5oh
11-09-2011, 11:13 PM
I appreciate that! I'll have to get an Opti Mitt and I'll just take my time. Love the ONR and the Instant Detailer.