PDA

View Full Version : New Foam Pad

jekyl05
11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I am going to venture a guess and say that I would need to pre clean new pads has a step to remove anything present dust etc. or is this really not a necessary step?

wanted to get an idea of common practice

embolism
11-09-2011, 11:05 PM
I inspect them before attaching to the buffer but a few taps against your hand and you should be good to go

jekyl05
11-09-2011, 11:18 PM
meant to throw this in as well... also have a bottle of pad conditioner, so that should help. :xyxthumbs:

A-train
11-10-2011, 12:26 AM
I soak my new pads in the sink with hot water and some dp pad cleaner...prob not neccessary but I just like knowing they are clean and slightly broken in.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Flash Gordon
11-10-2011, 12:44 AM
If their in a package, I visually inspect, then start using. No need to wash IMO

CEE DOG
11-10-2011, 07:23 AM
One of my first orders of pads I found little specs of stuff on them. I learned to rinse them all well with water and dry them before placing them in their home ready for future use.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/21227-new-hydrotech-pads-dirty.html

You never know how long a pad has sat around in a warehouse and what kind of particles landed on it.

Could be a pack of rats crawled across it at some point in it's journey across the country or world before it was ever packaged. ROFL

Lowejackson
11-10-2011, 07:36 AM
To my mind, it is not worth the risk. Give them a quick clean

5.4 Shelby
11-10-2011, 07:40 AM
If in sealed plastic, I inspect and use. AG has a tendency to send them and MF towels in paper bags (one of the few things I dont like about AG). IF in paper, I clean them first. I feel like I have to assume they were not protected from particles if they were free of packaging and then placed in paper bags for shipping.