PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette Odor

phantom
11-09-2011, 09:45 AM
A friend of mine had his vehicle stolen - AND recovered. The only problem is that it stinks from cogarette smoke. What is the best product for removing odors?

embolism
11-09-2011, 09:54 AM
so2pure by carpro and some sunlight

Flash Gordon
11-09-2011, 10:52 AM
A friend of mine had his vehicle stolen - AND recovered. The only problem is that it stinks from cogarette smoke. What is the best product for removing odors?

Clean the entire interior from head to toe (especially the headliner. Smoke goes up) then run an ozone machine on the rear floorboard for 5 hours

If your in a metropolitan area you can probally rent a machine

Flash Gordon
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM

:iagree: Blast that stuff down the vents and change the cabin filter

Kristopher1129
11-09-2011, 10:53 AM
I usually pour gas inside, then light a match. Works great! :dblthumb2:

Kidding....I'm with Flash. :iagree::D

DARK HORSE
11-09-2011, 11:24 AM

^^ This.

:iagree: Blast that stuff down the vents and change the cabin filter

^^ And this are very effective!

DARK HORSE
11-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Also if you come across any cigarette burns in the carpet; here’s a trick for making them less noticeable: Go up under the seats where the carpet can’t be seen with a pair of scissors or carpet knife and cut some fibers out. Then put a little bit of super glue in the burn hole. Put the fibers into the hole. Repeat this process 2-3 times, slowly building up the burn hole up.

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad169/tadndonna/IMG_3389-1.jpg
http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad169/tadndonna/IMG_3391.jpg

hwt
11-09-2011, 11:50 AM
So2pure is supposed to work with sunlight, so blasting it down the vents might not be a likely fix in that situation. If anyone has a better idea for vents, I'd like to hear it, thanks.

I've tried most every product and technique to get rid of cigarette odor excepting the ozone machine, which is next. The odor goes away awhile, then comes back.

Unfortunately, I have a bit of headliner sag in places where I must have applied too much cleaner; I thought I was being careful to apply and wipe off, but I guess not enough. I only read about headliner vulnerability on one of these threads after the fact. Now I can advise to be especially careful when spraying the headliner!

timaishu
11-09-2011, 02:04 PM
When I bought my altima, the previous owner smoked in it.

I told the dealer I would only buy it if they could make the smoke smell complely dissappear.

They called in a local professional detailer and he used some sort of "fogger" machine as he put it. He ran it with the ac maxed out to flush out the wents as well.

He let the machine run in my car for about 30 minutes.

He told me there would be a chemical smell for a few days and then the smell would be gone.

He wasnt kidding, you cant even tell it was ever smoked in. The guy did an amazing job.

shoeless89
11-09-2011, 02:29 PM
When I bought my altima, the previous owner smoked in it.

I told the dealer I would only buy it if they could make the smoke smell complely dissappear.

They called in a local professional detailer and he used some sort of "fogger" machine as he put it. He ran it with the ac maxed out to flush out the wents as well.

He let the machine run in my car for about 30 minutes.

He told me there would be a chemical smell for a few days and then the smell would be gone.

He wasnt kidding, you cant even tell it was ever smoked in. The guy did an amazing job.

I assume that was an ozone generator

richy
11-09-2011, 03:38 PM

Tim just gave you perfect advice.

shoeless89
11-10-2011, 08:05 AM
I tried so2pure and I was very disappointed :(

richy
11-10-2011, 04:44 PM
I tried so2pure and I was very disappointed :(

Really? Wow. I've never heard anyone do anything other than rave about this product. Did you use enough quantity and did you expose it properly to light? That is key to activating this product. You should share your procedure with Avi. I have recommended this product to people for whom it has eliminated some nasty odours. You must follow the instructions to the letter with it though as the science behind it is very different.

DARK HORSE
11-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Really? Wow. I've never heard anyone do anything other than rave about this product. Did you use enough quantity and did you expose it properly to light? That is key to activating this product. You should share your procedure with Avi. I have recommended this product to people for whom it has eliminated some nasty odours. You must follow the instructions to the letter with it though as the science behind it is very different.

:iagree::iagree:I've used it several times with nothing short of incredible results...