PDA

View Full Version : Just call me Mr.Wolf...

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Garry Dean
11-09-2011, 08:37 AM
So I got a call yesterday from a gentleman at a real estate company. The guy explained that there is an apartment complex behind their building and they were having some painting done and all 8 cars in tthe real estate companys parking lot are now riddled with black over spray.

We talked a bit more and I agreed to come by and inspect the vehicles.

I got there and the painters were there washing the vehicles with dirty cotton towels. (cringe) One of the painter guys was rubbing a black vehicle with a dirty cotton towel and Turtle wax rubbing compound to remove the overspray... Clearly they should stick to painting because they have no clue about removing overspray or detailing in general.

I gave them a quote, they agreed and scheduled all 8 cars and I was on my way.

About 30 minutes later as I was headed to my next job, I recieved a call from the manager of the apartment complex. The first thing he said to me is $$$ per car huh? I said absolutely... I actually want more, but I understand that this sucks for everyone so I kept the per vehicle price the same even though 3 of them were SUV's.

He started in on how I was too expensive and that he could call around and get a better quote. I told him no problem, do that... When that cheap guy does a shitty job and the real estate company is not happy he can feel free to call me back and I will honor the same price.

I asked him if he had ever seen the movie Pulp Fiction. He said yes... I then asked him if he would like the people off his back and for this issue to just go away. He said "of course." I then explained that I am like Mr.Wolf... I take care of problems and make them go away. If he wants this problem gone simply and easily I am his guy.

Im sure he still didnt like the price, but Im not going to budge. For those of you who have delt with severe overspray you understand how much of a PITA it can be to remove all of it, even with a medium grade clay bar. Following medium grade clay you always need to polish to remove the micromarring that the clay leaves behind.

The manager wants to meet with me face to face this morning. I can only assume that he wants to try and negotiate in person. We shall see. I will pass if he doesnt take my price. I will have to move my schedule around to fit them all in beyond the extreme PITA they will be.

We shall see how this turns out. I will keep you all posted.

BobbyG
11-09-2011, 08:40 AM
Stand your ground Gary and walk away if need be.....:props:

alko
11-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Stand your ground Gary and walk away if need be.....:props:

:iagree: Don't budge man...those 8 cars can be replaced with other 8 cars with people who can appreciate your work and understand the work that goes into these cars.

slickooz
11-09-2011, 08:43 AM
Yeah, overspray sometimes is extremely hard to remove sometimes. I wouldn't budge on the price because it seems like it going take a lot of time for each vehicle.

CEE DOG
11-09-2011, 08:53 AM
Awesome quote Garry! Pulp Fiction is possibly the greatest movie of all time!

Great job standing firm on your price as well. Next time tell him the difference between your work and the other guys work is like the difference between a foot massage and eating......

pixelmonkey
11-09-2011, 08:56 AM
this will only work if you show up to meet the guy wearing a tuxedo.

acura NSX not really needed, but might help back things up a bit.
chris<pixelmonkey>:D

WRAPT C5Z06
11-09-2011, 08:57 AM
Screw that, stand your ground, Garry! Good luck!

WRAPT C5Z06
11-09-2011, 08:59 AM
Great job standing firm on your price as well. Next time tell him the difference between your work and the other guys work is like the difference between a foot massage and eating......
:laughing: :laughing:

Garry Dean
11-09-2011, 09:00 AM
Thanks guys! Im on my way to meet the guy now. I will let you guys in on what goes down.

richy
11-09-2011, 09:05 AM
Awesome quote Garry! Pulp Fiction is possibly the greatest movie of all time!

LMAO, buddy!!

DealerDetailer
11-09-2011, 09:11 AM
I also wouldn't budge any with your prices! Your work deserves no less than what you are charging these 8 cars for. You do outstanding work Sir!

You said it was black paint. Was this house paint?

I've dealt with yellow road paint on a few cars and one car with overspray from a house that was being spray with one of those industrial air sprayers. Each one of these was NOT any fun. Keep your prices as they are and if they don't agree, let them have the fun :xyxthumbs:

Any pics by chance?

Pats300zx
11-09-2011, 09:15 AM
Great stuff Garry. Hold you ground. If this guy wants quality work then he is going to have to pay for it.

Let us know how this works out Wolfman :)

BillyJack
11-09-2011, 09:19 AM
I then asked him if he would like the people off his back and for this issue to just go away. He said "of course." I then explained that I am like Mr.Wolf... I take care of problems and make them go away.

Nice sales pitch, Winston.

Bill

Kristopher1129
11-09-2011, 10:04 AM
Good man...don't budge!

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
11-09-2011, 10:20 AM
It's a great place to be as a business owner to know your worth, how much work a job takes and to be busy enough to not have to sweat not landing a job..

Well done!