PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a little direction...

ALLN1WASH
11-08-2011, 10:23 PM
How's it going AG? Im looking for a little help/direction...

For the past four years I've used 3M products exclusively for all my compounding and polishing needs. It wasn't until earlier this year that I tried something different, that being 105/205.. I've tried this stuff several times with the same results and ultimately came to the conclusion, that it's just not for me, which I'm cool with that.

Anyhow, I picked up a bottle of this menzerna compound and have been VERY IMPRESSED.... Sooo, I'm looking to pick up some polish to compliment the compound.

What do y'all suggest???? I've seen where some reccomend SIP and have also seen some say MICRO polish is the way... Idk help me out...
Thanks in advance...

Setec Astronomy
11-08-2011, 10:29 PM
What Menzerna "compound" were you impressed with? What are you trying to do? What machines are you using?

toycar18
11-08-2011, 10:33 PM
Menzerna has tons of great products. Follow the chart which will help as well as others suggestions

Menzerna, Menzerna Polishing Compounds Products, Menzerna FMJ, menzerna polishes, menzerna car polish, menzerna nano polish, menzerna final polish, (http://www.autogeek.net/menzerna-of-germany.html)

I would also check out Optimum Hyper Compound and Polish Spray. It is really easy to use and produces great results. Optimum Compound II , Polish II, Finish Polish II are also great products and easy to use.

Optimum Polymer Technologies: Advanced Polymer Technology is in every Optimum Car Care Product. opt car care, optimum car wax, optimum car wash, (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-wax.html)

Show Car Garage Product Showcase - Optimum Polymer Technologies (http://www.palmbeachmotoring.net/ascg-videos/opt-1.html)

ALLN1WASH
11-08-2011, 10:37 PM
What's happening man?
It's all in the garage right now, but if I'm not mistaken it's called power gloss. I'm basically looking for something to finish down LSP ready. I'm using wheel and also the flex 3401. What do you suggest?

Setec Astronomy
11-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Wow, PG is kind of an old skool compound by 2011 standards (although still way better than the rocks-in-a-bottle old scholl compound).

If you're not doing crazy compounding that requires a wool pad, and you want to save steps, you gotta go to a SMAT product. Why is 105 not your thing?

Dr Oldz
11-08-2011, 11:14 PM
Too bad Menz fast gloss 500 isn't available here in the US for you guys to try. My buddy Ken hooked me up with some and it is the first compound than can finish down LSP ready while taking some serious defects out. Google it!!

ALLN1WASH
11-09-2011, 12:09 AM
Well... Being that the majority of my work is done out doors in this southern Louisiana weather, I just keep running into issues with 105's working time. It tends to dry up and dust like crazy, before I can finish a couple of section passes. In all honesty I think I've given it a fair shot. Although, I still play around with it every now and then.

As far as the PG is concerned, why would you say it's out dated. IMO, this stuff is pretty darn good. It lays down and comes off very easily, and gives me all the cut I need.

Do you know of any other SMAT combinations available?

Setec Astronomy
11-09-2011, 07:12 AM
You could use Meg's Ultimate Compound, which is supposed to have a better working time than 105. Or mix some 205 in the 105. Or the Optimum Compound. Or the Meg's DA system compound (D301).

I really haven't used PG that much, but from what I remember it doesn't finish down as well as one of the SMAT compounds.