PDA

View Full Version : Detail King products/training

Pages : [1] 2

TotalNewbie
11-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Anybody know and/or have any reviews for the Detail King Mobile auto detailing, reconditioning, equipment, supplies and training products and training?

Anybody do anything with their Authorized Licensee business opportunities?

I got their materials a while back and was just wondering. They seem like small outfit, albeit very well rounded tho.

Thanks guys!!

ShineTimeDetail
11-08-2011, 02:12 PM
They are very Expensive! I was up in that area a few months ago buying a new van and thought I would go to the class but it was about 3x What I was thinking it would be. I am not saying it is not worth it but more than I'm willing to spend.

A-train
11-08-2011, 02:16 PM
Need to be careful on this one, since AG doesn't stock any of there products or endorse their training since . Not suppose to review a product if its not sold on Autogeek...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

ShineTimeDetail
11-08-2011, 02:18 PM
Need to be careful on this one, since AG doesn't stock any of there products or endorse their training since . Not suppose to review a product if its not sold on Autogeek...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I meant to state this-:props:

SeaJay's
11-08-2011, 03:11 PM
I've used some of their products and I was not impressed at all. Ended up giving them away after they sat for about 6 months without even being touched.

This is my personal opinion and I'm sure others have used them and liked them. When it comes to polishes, waxes, and other products it can come down to your own opinion.

fredcandetail
11-08-2011, 04:12 PM
We bought out a company an got some of their Polishes ... All garbage all degreasers/cleaners were RTU and marginal at best

Old Pirate
11-08-2011, 05:46 PM
Why don't you come down to one or two of Mike's Classes at AG and also next year for Detail Fest and for sure you will pick up alot and doesn't cost a arm or leg. It's all up to you on how to spend your hard dinero and what you get out of it. It does take time to learn on using machines and products. I'll be there at DF next year and be glad to show you if no one can help.....................Angelo

Harleyguy
11-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Why don't you come down to one or two of Mike's Classes at AG and also next year for Detail Fest and for sure you will pick up alot and doesn't cost a arm or leg. It's all up to you on how to spend your hard dinero and what you get out of it. It does take time to learn on using machines and products. I'll be there at DF next year and be glad to show you if no one can help.....................AngeloWooHoo Angelo is going to be at DF this year :dblthumb2::dblthumb2:

Porsche Pilot
11-08-2011, 08:05 PM
I know of some folks that have attended Detail King training. Expensive yes. A major focus of their training is pushing their own products. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just their business model. I think you would get more unbiased training if you attend the 101/102 classes at AutoGeek. The focus is technique, not product pushing. Without good technique any product is worthless.

jwgreen6
11-08-2011, 09:40 PM
I know of some folks that have attended Detail King training. Expensive yes. A major focus of their training is pushing their own products. There is nothing wrong with that, it is just their business model. I think you would get more unbiased training if you attend the 101/102 classes at AutoGeek. The focus is technique, not product pushing. Without good technique any product is worthless.

I attended Detail King's detailing class last May. The class was a 2-day event: day 1 focused on how to run a detailing business; day 2 focused on how to use their products and detailing procedures. I extended my training to a 3rd day which covered advanced areas of detailing. Of course they'll push their products. That's why both DK and AG are in business and offer monthly detailing classes.

For the record I use DK's products along with other manufacturers such as Gloss-It, Meguiar's, Wolfgang and Diamondite, etc. I'm not beholden to DK. I'll use anything I want or need (is there a difference?).

If anyone thinks Autogeek is unbiased and does not push their own products, take a look at who owns Pinnacle, Diamondite, Detailers Pro, and Wolfgang product lines. That's right, it's Autogeek's parent company, Palm Beach Motoring Group. As an open retailer (my term for retailers like AG, vs. a private company like DK) they have the luxury to sell what they want. I don't have a problem with AG pushing their products, although I find the difference between Pinnacle, DP, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Menzerna and Meguiar's product lines are starting to blur.

Since there are SO MANY different competing product lines available and my financial resources do not allow exhaustive testing, I am limited in what I use. Some of DK's prices may be high on some items but for the most part they're quite affordable.

As far as customer service goes, nobody beats Detail King. I've ordered items from Autogeek and they arrived within 3 days, the normal delivery time for UPS. DK products arrive in 2 days (they're closer to me than AG--a simple fact of geography) and I always get a follow-up phone call from DK to ensure my items arrived and I'm satisfied. Not once has AG called or emailed me to check on the order.

$250 may seem like a lot of money for a 2-day training class, but that's not much more than a 2-day session at AG. The biggest difference is DK will show you how to start and run a detailing business; AG focuses more on the detailing procedures and products. DK has a 3-day course that costs $995 (last time I checked), but that guarantees no more than 6 people in the class thus you get more hands-on time in the shop. The 3-day course also covers advanced procedures such as paint-chip repair, vinyl repair, carpet burn repair, headlight restoration, carpet dying.

Another big difference between DK and AG is DK will help you run your business; I honestly don't know if AG will, as I haven't asked. DK will even review your business plan (you have one, right?) and give you suggestions how to improve it. If you have questions about how to promote your business, DK will be glad to help.

If you have any doubts about the validity of Detail King's products or training, put together a list of questions and call Nick. Don't be afraid to ask him anything.

99fan
11-10-2011, 03:24 PM
I attended Detail King's detailing class last May. The class was a 2-day event: day 1 focused on how to run a detailing business; day 2 focused on how to use their products and detailing procedures. I extended my training to a 3rd day which covered advanced areas of detailing. Of course they'll push their products. That's why both DK and AG are in business and offer monthly detailing classes.

For the record I use DK's products along with other manufacturers such as Gloss-It, Meguiar's, Wolfgang and Diamondite, etc. I'm not beholden to DK. I'll use anything I want or need (is there a difference?).

If anyone thinks Autogeek is unbiased and does not push their own products, take a look at who owns Pinnacle, Diamondite, Detailers Pro, and Wolfgang product lines. That's right, it's Autogeek's parent company, Palm Beach Motoring Group. As an open retailer (my term for retailers like AG, vs. a private company like DK) they have the luxury to sell what they want. I don't have a problem with AG pushing their products, although I find the difference between Pinnacle, DP, Wolfgang, Blackfire, Menzerna and Meguiar's product lines are starting to blur.

Since there are SO MANY different competing product lines available and my financial resources do not allow exhaustive testing, I am limited in what I use. Some of DK's prices may be high on some items but for the most part they're quite affordable.

As far as customer service goes, nobody beats Detail King. I've ordered items from Autogeek and they arrived within 3 days, the normal delivery time for UPS. DK products arrive in 2 days (they're closer to me than AG--a simple fact of geography) and I always get a follow-up phone call from DK to ensure my items arrived and I'm satisfied. Not once has AG called or emailed me to check on the order.

$250 may seem like a lot of money for a 2-day training class, but that's not much more than a 2-day session at AG. The biggest difference is DK will show you how to start and run a detailing business; AG focuses more on the detailing procedures and products. DK has a 3-day course that costs $995 (last time I checked), but that guarantees no more than 6 people in the class thus you get more hands-on time in the shop. The 3-day course also covers advanced procedures such as paint-chip repair, vinyl repair, carpet burn repair, headlight restoration, carpet dying.

Another big difference between DK and AG is DK will help you run your business; I honestly don't know if AG will, as I haven't asked. DK will even review your business plan (you have one, right?) and give you suggestions how to improve it. If you have questions about how to promote your business, DK will be glad to help.

If you have any doubts about the validity of Detail King's products or training, put together a list of questions and call Nick. Don't be afraid to ask him anything.

I too attended their class. I lucked out and attended their 2 day class and only about 10 were signed up for it. So I got the benefits of their high cost class at a reduced price. They are very helpful and will answer any question you have. The fact I only live about an hour and a half away helps alot too. As far as their products, I have had no problems with their products. I use AG's products too.

LSUFAN
11-12-2011, 01:02 PM
I started out using there products over three years ago an still do from time to time. I have there complete line of polishes in pint size bottles if anyone's interested in a trade or i can send you some samples for you to try just pm me

TotalNewbie
04-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Here in the last few months I went to their showroom in Pittsburgh for their training wknd. I was very impressed. They have a friendly staff and nice facility. I liked their products too, which with the mixed reviews, I was worried. But I liked them a lot. No fancy packaging, some of their stuff is pricey, BUT your paying for quality-concentrated product that will last you a while.

They pushed their stuff and their business franchise program hard, but I expected and accept that, its their business model just like everybody else. I don't do this as a business and I'm still a novice but maybe someday if I have an actual detailing business I might do their franchise program.

0GTP4
06-15-2012, 11:46 AM
I used to work for DK. Nick is a great guy and so is the rest of the team. Being inexperienced as i am, i have not used any body else's detailing supplies besides meguires. I always liked their products and use them detailing on the side to this day. When i worked there i was an instructor for the training classes. I'm actually on the back of the catalog of 2011. First picture with the hat on haha. Anyway i recommend their products. I would like to start trying other peoples products as well as AG's. It's just so convenient DK is on the way home from work which is 3 mins down the road! Good luck to you all.

V3AutoDetailing
06-17-2012, 01:32 AM
I used to work for DK. Nick is a great guy and so is the rest of the team. Being inexperienced as i am, i have not used any body else's detailing supplies besides meguires. I always liked their products and use them detailing on the side to this day. When i worked there i was an instructor for the training classes. I'm actually on the back of the catalog of 2011. First picture with the hat on haha. Anyway i recommend their products. I would like to start trying other peoples products as well as AG's. It's just so convenient DK is on the way home from work which is 3 mins down the road! Good luck to you all.

so you were teaching a detailing class with no experience and don't use there products. Then you recommend there products. You have a conflicting story.